• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

Sunbeam Alpine Front Suspension (Coil Spring) ?

Hi Dan, Thank you for the reply, and its great hearing from you! Sounds like you're getting pretty close to back on the road with that fine machine. Thats great news. I did see that that CS is apparently stocking an array of springs. My dilemma is somewhat similar to your mentioning of not...
  2. M

Sunbeam Alpine Front Suspension (Coil Spring) ?

Hi Dan I hope all is well. My search for Sunbeam front coil springs has brought me to your front door. I am wondering how the springs you sourced are working out and if you have any drive time on the car to provide feedback on if the springs improved driving characteristics of the car. Ive...
  3. M

Parting out a S5 Alpine in South Carolina

Hi 65 Beam - PM sent Regards, Mark
  4. M

64-67 Alipine parts for sale

Nice !! That sounds great. Please consider me first in line. I hope it checks out OK. Thank you. Mark
  5. M

Thanks Everett. Are you able to tell if the steering box is in decent shape? Any detectable play? (understanding we're talking about 50 year old parts). Mark
  6. M

Parting out a S5 Alpine in South Carolina

Hi Eric, Do you have the steering box and column for the car? Regards, Mark
  7. M

Hi Everett, Would you have the steering column and steering box out of the 67 ? Regards, Mark
  8. M

Tech Question

Steering box Thanks, all good points here. And Dan is correct. Strange as it seems, especially with the apparent wear in the box, it does not leak. My guess is, there is wear in the helix gear/ball bearing interface or, in the rocker shaft somewhere itself. At the time of front end rebuild...
  9. M

Tech Question

Steering Box Dan, As always, I appreciate your insight into the inner workings of these cars. Indeed, the 1725 performed very nicely for the trip to and from VT. 400 miles, and it didnt miss a beat. Now its time to attend to the steering system so it can keep up with the performance of the...
  10. M

Tech Question

Steering Box Hi Dan Hope all is well. I came across your posting here while trying to research options for rebuilding the steering box in my 67 series V. Back in September I attended Brittish Invasion in VT. After the drive home from VT, consisting of a mix of back roads, 2ndardy roades...
  11. M

Dash mounting parts needing to identify

emailed Just sent you an email Dan Look forward to your reply. Mark
  12. M

Control Tabs Hi Dan Thanks for brining this to my attention. Nice to be back in touch with you once again. I will email you about the tabs. BTW, your engine that I am taking good care of is running very nicely Mark
  13. M

Dash Mounting bits Thank you to everyone. I think now knowing the general area of wher ethese bits fit, I should be able to re-assemble everything back where its supposed to go. Thank you Sunbeam forum !!!
  14. M

Hi Everyone, I'm hoping that someone is familiar with these small bits. I'm in the process of changing my plastic dash to a wooden dash. These parts came/fell out from behind the original dash as I was unscrewing bolts etc. At the time these fell to the floor of the car, I was on my back...
  15. M

1725 engine WANTED

1725 Engine Hi Art Thanks for the reply. Is the engine together? Do you have any rough idea of history/miles on it? Where you mention it needs rebuilding, do you know of any running issues when it last ran, or is it a case of just due to unknowns it probably should be rebuilt? Its...
  16. M

Parting Series V

1725 Engine I am interested in the engine. What year? Rough milage? How is/was the running condition of the motor? Mark
  17. M

1725 engine WANTED

I am looking for a rebuilt or decent running 1725 engine. Please respond here or feel free to call my cell 603-490-2053 Thanks, Mark
  18. M

right fender for sale

Fender Do you still have the RF fender for sale? Mark
  19. M

1725cc engines for sale could part out but prefer to sell as a hole.

1725 Engine Hi There, Do you still have the 1725 engine for sale? Mark McDonough
  20. M

spare motor parts CT

Spare 1725 Motor/parts Hi There Do you still have the motor/parts for sale? If so, is the motor, less head, still together? Mark