• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. AutoX47

Sunbeam Bike

In 1905 their roadsters came with 6 speeds! :D
  2. AutoX47

uprated alternator on Series 5 Alpine

I believe I used one from an '82 datsun or mazda pickup and it was a direct replacement - hopefully someone who's done it more recently can chime in what specifically works
  3. AutoX47

Cheated by MagicJack

Yeah - a rant indeed :D Thanks. I figured since it was Non-Alpine and not political, religious or having inappropriate language this was the right place (General chit-chat)
  4. AutoX47

Cheated by MagicJack

Hey SAOCA, Just wanted to share my experience with MagicJack so that the rest of you might not make the same mistake. Trying to save on the Comcast bill I switched the home phone service to MagicJack plus. It seemed like a no-brainer in terms of savings - paying $30/year instead of...
  5. AutoX47

Mazda Rx7 Rear Disc on Alpine

You sure do seem to know what you're doing, but I would try putting a little slack the pin to your pedal on your current m/c (is the alpine adjustable? It's been a while) and bleeding the brakes before engineering a dual m/c solution (though dual comes with it's safety benefits of course). I've...
  6. AutoX47

Looking for COLTBEAM ??

What?? :eek: With the dash modified and steering wheels on each side? Pictures please! :D
  7. AutoX47

There's always a catch when you get something free

Consider my guilty - that was brilliant :eek:
  8. AutoX47

Shout out to Kroil.. The oil that creeps....

I've been using it too for ~8 years. Any idea on if the Sili-Kroil acually works better than the Aero-Kroil?
  9. AutoX47

Sears Craftsman Club Sale

I have a bunch of Craftsman tools that I'll be more careful with (not using them as pry-bars) knowing that they'll likely be replaced with made-in-china, not made-in-usa. www.stillmadeinusa.com I've also been a Makita fan - I see now they're making much of their stuff in China instead of...
  10. AutoX47

Gauge harness

Because it's a complete :confused: bucket of confusion under there. I remember spending an hour with my back on the carpet with a flashlight and the original wiring diagram and gave up too perplexed at the wiring to attempt anything. A fresh start like this is what the car needs I have those...
  11. AutoX47

Humber Super Snipe Limo

What a beauty!
  12. AutoX47

Alternator Bracket

IME it's hard to come by a strait one that bolts to the engine The engine builder assisting me with what used to be my Alpine told me that the bracket that was on my car (@~25k miles) was too bent and would need to be replaced or else risk throwing a belt. I bought one then from a very...
  13. AutoX47

Jacking points

Addressing the issue of the jack's wheels being able to move (and forgive me too if this is too basic) make sure the wheels on your jack are pointed in the correct direction for the jack to start moving forward when you start lifting the car. If so the jack should be able to roll freely -...
  14. AutoX47

SAOCA Praise, Apology, and a Caution

Puff - I hope you have drycleaners' insurance because you made me burst out laughing :o
  15. AutoX47

lowering SV frontend

I asked an engineer about this and he said that due to the placement of the spring on the control arms the reduction at the spindle would actually be twice the thickness of the rubber, so ~1 1/4" if the thickness of the pad is 5/8"
  16. AutoX47

lowering SV frontend

Did you purchase the springs from Victoria British? I purchased SIII springs from VB and it seemed to raise the SV I used to have. Those springs too, at rest, looked shorter than the originals I removed from the car It certainly wasn't a lack of free movement @ the bushing (steel-sleved...
  17. AutoX47

Replacement engine

To Maebnus, Are you looking to have your engine rebuilt, or buy a complete engine that's already been rebuilt? I suppose that would affect the prices quoted by puff4
  18. AutoX47

It's to laugh - December

Oh wow :D You might also enjoy this one: http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-confidential-confetti-at-thanksgiving-parade,0,4718007.story
  19. AutoX47

We could use a bit more of this justice

Well, it says in 2008 that he served less than 2 years of a 6 year sentence. That suggests to me that he's either not a violent person or the prison system is already overburdened. He already had numerous DUIs. I'd be curious to know more about his history - did he still have a license? The...
  20. AutoX47

alloy rims

I bought 14x6 Panasports with polished lip (that weight in at 9.? pounds a piece!) from an Alfa shop in Georgia (our bolt pattern is the same) http://www.paulspruell.com/ His prices were the best I found back 7 years ago and they were drop shipped to me from Panasports in Japan. I believe...