• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. TulsaAlpine

Save this one please!

Auto Salvage in Tulsa, Oklahoma going out of business they will be crushing all the cars. Take a trailer and save this one! Link to salvage: https://www.eastwestautoparts.com/
  2. TulsaAlpine

Florida Car Shows

;) So Vicki the Alpine and I are getting back into showing up at car shows. I still don't have her baby book of the restoration and all the other goodies (Sunbeam trinkets) that I often put on display BUT were meeting some Sunbeam owners. Today was the pre 12 hours of Sebring International Race...
  3. TulsaAlpine

Someone took my place!

:D OK who is the impostor that is driving the copy cat Sunbeam Alpine in Cleveland OK??? My car pals back home thought I had moved back, really the same color? Looks like a lot better paint job and those bumpers are spotless. Whoever it is your looking good keep up the good work representing the...
  4. TulsaAlpine

Transporting

:) So today at 4pm George my driver for Boss Transport picked up Vicki the Alpine on his 6 car carrier and she is on the road. Dad drove her up on the carrier and she is on the bottom back end. George should be here Tuesday or early Wednesday and it's perfect weather. So if your on I-10 or I-12...
  5. TulsaAlpine

Vicki Visit

I really went to see my folks for Thanksgiving. Since the weather cooperated in East Texas I got to uncover and take the hard top off, shock her to life. Good news the rubber pads have done no damage to the paint under the pads, but something has sure messed up my beauty rings on the wheels. Dad...
  6. TulsaAlpine

Tiger in Tulsa

Since all my car buddies know I had the one running Alpine in the area, they still send me Sunbeam sightings. So here is a picture of a red tiger that has been sitting in a garage for many years. The shop known as Stray Kat Kustoms out of Dewey, OK is attempting to get it running to sale for the...
  7. TulsaAlpine

Good News!

;) So we have a contract of pending sale on the house in Oklahoma. Lets not jinx this so we can build that 2nd garage and bring my Vicki the Alpine home to mama, I so miss my car. The last time I saw her was October of 2013, hopefully I will have her here in Florida before the end of the year...
  8. TulsaAlpine

Offical Florida Car!

Moved here in October, Vickie the Alpine is in Texas with my parents since we don't have a garage for her yet. Florida requires a Officer or Certified Car dealer to sign a document that the Vin number is correct on the car to the out of state title. Then I have to sign what the odometer reading...
  9. TulsaAlpine

Retirement, No Sunbeam...

:( Life in Florida all winter was wonderful, no snow, no freezing weather, no sunbeam alpine, yea that part sucks. Vicki the Alpine is still in Texas with my folks since our home in Oklahoma has not sold, and our finances don't allow for the 2nd garage for Vicki. I so miss my car, and the top...
  10. TulsaAlpine

Moved to Florida

Well we did it were relocated to Wauchula, Florida. The bad side is our home in Skiatook, OK is still on the market and not sold. The funds to build a 2nd garage and get Vicki the Alpine from my parents in Huntington Texas will be awhile. The service tech that today finally got my Internet going...
  11. TulsaAlpine

Requirements for car sitting

:D Well the word is out that Vicki the Alpine is in East Texas with my folks. Dad's neighbors and pals are stopping by to visit and can I see the Sunbeam? So I have asked that part of the car sitting they need to wipe off the drool and fingerprints, this after the huge list of what to do when...
  12. TulsaAlpine

Selling Alpine??

While at the car show today I had a very nice older man that just loved my 64 Sunbeam Alpine, he had a Tiger years ago. I have been entertaining the thought that it's a lot of trouble and cost to haul Vicki the Alpine all the way to Florida from Oklahoma, but I don't want to haggle with posting...
  13. TulsaAlpine

They took our motto?

Nephew posted a British Victoria link on Facebook to their Facebook page, hey is that not our SAOCA motto "Keep Them on the Road" ? I guess changing it to Keep'em voids any connection to our motto right? Really! Link...
  14. TulsaAlpine

New Sunbeam Owners!

I attended the Corvair Orphan Show at Bass Pro in Broken Arrow on Saturday May 11th. I meet Jennifer she now owns Art Mainburg's project 64 series IV Sunbeam Alpine that he was restoring. I hope she finds this website and I think I gave her all the necessary reasons to, "Get it on the Road" Now...
  15. TulsaAlpine

Tiger Barn Find in Oklahoma!

http://www.bidloud.com/may_5th_jenk_s_commercial Sorry kind of a late notice but its a tiger in a barn on Auction this Sunday! :D Donna
  16. TulsaAlpine

Vicki the Alpine, sick needs help!

O the Horror of it all seems Vicki the Alpine needs a knowledgeable mechanic since she will not start and run. We did get her pushed or wrenched back into the garage just in case it rains, maybe we should of left her out so it would rain. Anyway she has new spark plugs, cranks, turns over but...
  17. TulsaAlpine

I was looking for a job when...

If I would of known that last Thursday October 4th they were going to walk me out of my 12 year career at work I could of signed up and came to the invasion this weekend. I have been so wrapped up in getting the unemployment going and today getting my stuff from work I forgot all about the...
  18. TulsaAlpine

Car Show Today!

:eek: So it finally cooled off here, and as usual we had to do this dramatically by having this huge dust cloud and high winds sweep across the Oklahoma prairie at 4pm on Friday. The temperature dropped from 97 to 80 degrees in 40 minutes. Since it was at last cool weather Vicki the Alpine and...
  19. TulsaAlpine

cooler weather

Made it out Sunday to the Dog Iron Ranch, Will Rogers birth place in Oolagah, Oklahoma. It was a fly in and antique car show, all free with peoples choice for best Airplane and Car. Model T was the popular pick for cars but Vicki the Alpine parked between my MG pals still got lots of attention...
  20. TulsaAlpine

62 Alpine in Tulsa?

While at our monthly MG dinner get together one of the members, Mr. Jones said that an owner of a 62 Alpine contacted him about working on it. So is the owner of the 62 Alpine on this forum? Contact me please, need to share a little information with you! Donna :D