• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. D

Fitting a Tiger front crossmember

Answer is yes I put 1 in mine 40 yrs ago you will need the steering linkage and steering wheel to but you will have to deal with the Tiger issues Dan
  2. D

Difference between an Alpine and a Tiger in the Engine Compartment

Hi Brian From what I,ve seen of your work in the past. If there is a will there is a way good luck on your plans Dan
  3. D

Sunbeam Radio jingle...

Thank you Kevin puff4 I will look it up
  4. D

Sunbeam Radio jingle...

Thanks nice tune But my bad it was Go Little Tiger by the Dragsters I can,t fined it anywhere
  5. D

Sunbeam Radio jingle...

Very cool has anyone got a recording of Go Little Tiger I think by the Daytona,s Dan
  6. D

Installing a BW35 automatic in a series III

Are these trans hard to find I think I know where there is one Dan
  7. D

Happy Birthday V6 Jose

Happy Birthday Joe
  8. D

The Journey Begins - Series I V6 Restomod

I put mine behind the kick panel on the drivers side there is a cubby hole there then ran all the wires up to the panel By the way electrician here don,t worry you guys got this and remember you can always get an electrician to check it :) Dan
  9. D

I Love a Parade

Hey Warren, is this what your talking about? BTW, your Scotty/Star Trek Meme, lived in my hometown (high school and joined the first hassars here for WWII)
  10. D

What do you rate this hood from 0 (Ugly) to 10 (Great)?

Must admit I don,t like the side vent either but it looks ok to me if painted I give it a 7
  11. D

Lot of parts

Off topic but I have to ask is that valve cover in the pic a mopar hemi or a ford sohc
  12. D

Excitement Builds

Hi Dan Well yes and no the spline count on the T5 fit the mustang II disc I think it is 10 as apposed too 23 spline for the ranger and it was a larger as you say 9" and I already had the webber clutch
  13. D

Excitement Builds

Hi Reg In my experience that the bell housing from a 85 Ranger will not except a t5 unless. I had to make a adapter plate out of 1/2 plate ad have it machined to fit the bell and the T5 but it will work with the hydraulic slave it does on my car But I still used the flywheel from a mustang II...
  14. D

Electric Water Pump

No Mike I did grind a little on the bottom of the manifold so it would not touch the front timing cover and only in that area I did take a piece of aluminum 1/2 thick then I drilled it for the 3 hole manifold and counter sunk 3 allen head bolts then drilled it for the 2 hole thermostat put...
  15. D

Electric Water Pump

Dan Originally I used the pan from the Mustang II that is 1 of the reasons The other reason was the motor mounts and there is lots of room for the dizzy . Mike 1 of the hoses is the by pass that goes to the original lower thermostat housing the other goes to the top right hand side of the...
  16. D

Electric Water Pump

Yes I did to allow for the tiger front suspension and rack I cut into the firewall and welded in new sheet metal I used the old steering mounts to bolt on motor mounts that I made made ss headers added f 10 master cylinder and a modified tiger ( don't tell the Tiger Guys ) rad and electric...
  17. D

Electric Water Pump

Here are the pics of the Areostar housing and the plug that has to be installed and bypass
  18. D

Electric Water Pump

I am running a 2.8 from a 86 Areostar and the bypass is relocated to the thermostat housing and you plug the old bypass that went to the manifold also on the housing it has a heater hose outlet . The filler neck rad cap also has a temp gauge. I will get a pic of it and post when mt son shows...
  19. D

Electric Water Pump

Then it is 3 on the manifold and 2 on the thermostat housing( I was to lazy to go to the garage and look) regardless it needs an adapter and I welded a filler neck to the top to fill the rad and motor as it is now the high spot it also changes the location of the bypass hose and the heater...
  20. D

Electric Water Pump

The 86 Aerostar had a thermostat housing on the top that is what I use but if you use the offenhauser manifold you will need to make an adapter plate as the manifold is 2 bolt and the 86 housing is 3 or the other way around