• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 64beam

Series IV brake master cylinder size?

Hi, Sorry if this has been repeated, but I would like to find out what the correct bore size is for the brake master cylinder on an series IV Alpine fitted with a brake booster (if that makes any difference)? I believe the series V has a 7/8 in bore. Can someone please confirm. Would a 3/4 bore...
  2. 64beam

JB's Aston sold.

Hi, Just saw on the news that The James Bond Aston Martin sold for $4.1 Million to a guy in the US. Only two bids as well!! That would have to be the most expensive Aston in the world.
  3. 64beam

A little confused

Hi, I am a little confused with an Ebay auction. It's the one for the Sunbeam tiger aluminium rocker covers (here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUNBEAM-TIGER-VALVE-COVERS-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c1630eeb7QQitemZ120631389879QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories...
  4. 64beam

Chassis Stand Position?

Hi, This has probably been asked a number of times, but I was wondering where the best position is for chassis stands at the front of the car? Thank you. Regards, Robin.
  5. 64beam

AN style push-on type fuel hose fittings.

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has any fit-off tips for the AN style push-on fuel fittings sold by the various manufacturers like Earl's or Speedflow? I have tried using a heat gun and boiling water, but seem to struggle a bit. The boiling water seemed to work the best, but was still an effort...
  6. 64beam

For those that loved the Stratos

Hi, For those who loved the Lancia Stratos, a new one off modern version has been built in the lines of the originals. Looks fantastic in my opinion. Here is the link: http://www.supercars.net/cars/5034.html Enjoy!! Regards, Robin.
  7. 64beam

Brake rotor minimum thickness.

Hi, I installed a new set of standard brake rotors on the Tiger and could not find a minimum thickness allowable in the workshop manual. The new rotor measured at 12.7mm (.5") and found that the old rotors measured in at approximately 10.6mm (.42"), which would have needed machining down...
  8. 64beam

Nice Tiger for sale

Hi, Was surfing the world of Tiger stuff on Ebay and found a nice red Tiger for sale. Looking through the pictures posted by the current owner/seller and saw the oil pressure gauge. Just one query though, I have a basically stock 260 and this particular red Tiger has a warm 289. Does the oil...
  9. 64beam

Door striker repairs.

Hi, The striker on my passenger side door is not very tight due to the threads on the backing plate being stripped. Is there a way to remove the backing plate for repair or do I need to re-tap the holes? Any experiences in this area? Thanks, Robin.
  10. 64beam

Standard brake discs

Hi, I have been noticing some shuddering when braking. I have checked all the front end of the Tiger to make sure everything is tight, but found my discs were not great :( . I have purchased a new set of standard rotors and considered having grooves cut into them (I have heard the grooves will...
  11. 64beam

Brake switch query

Hi, I know of a few people who have experienced brake switch issues caused bt brake fluid or just it's age. I noticed on New years eve that when I stopped at a drive through bottle shop, the brake lights remained on. That particular day was hot (36 degrees C) and wondered if this is normal...
  12. 64beam

Weber DGV-5A 32/36 choke shaft wanted

Hi, I am looking for a choke shaft to suit a Weber DGV-5A 32/36 carburettor (manual choke version, but I think they are all the same). Any one that may be able to help, please let me know. Thank you, Robin.
  13. 64beam

Tire size revisited

Hi, Sorry to re-visit this topic again, but after reading a number of previous threads regarding the original Alpine tyre size I am still a little confused. I have had a look in the WSM 124 which states a radius of 11.25in to 11.50in depending upon the tyre or WSM 145 states a radius of...
  14. 64beam

Air filter element tip.

Hi Tiger owners, Most of you will already be aware that K&N make a standard size aftermarket filter element (E-2859) for the stock air cleaner assembly. Until recently, I didn't realize that K&N made higher profile air filters in the same size up to 3in (76mm). The part numbers are as...
  15. 64beam

Series IV brake bleeders

Hi, Can someone please confirm for me the number of rear brake bleeders on a series IV Alpine? I don't have easy access to mine, but I'm 99% sure that they only have one. Thank you, Robin.
  16. 64beam

Engine trouble

Hi Guys, I had the Tiger out today to get some new rubber fitted and my engine basically started behaving like it was not running on all cylinders. Going back a couple of months, I fitted a new electronic distributor, coil, cap and spark plug leads (Plugs maybe 6 months old). Last time I had...
  17. 64beam

Tiger brake hose locating plate

Hi, Please refer to the inserted picture of the brake hose connection. I am wondering if the locating plates are still available? I know that they were not always fitted, but I would like to fit some to mine if available from somewhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Robin.
  18. 64beam

Mk II Tiger

Hi, I noticed that the yellow Mk II Tiger that has graced us with its presence a number of times on Ebay,seems to have very little interest. Is the car legitimate? If so, it is a very cheap starting bid. Anyone know about this car? I am not interested, just curious as to why it doesn't seem...
  19. 64beam

Auto parts store discovery.

Hi, While at an auto parts store today, I discovered an adaptor fitted to an Alpine inlet manifold (Solex/Weber DGV) that allowed a single Weber DCOE or similar to be adapted. Some of you may have already known about these, but I don't know how effective they would be. It was a shame that I...
  20. 64beam

Dale's Resto's brake upgrade.

Hi, Dale's restorations has a vented brake disc upgrade for the Tiger that uses the stock caliper. Has anyone installed a set of the those particular vented disc's and where are they sourced from (Willwood, etc)? Are there any pictures available? Thanks, Robin.