• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. absunbeam

Fun Alpine Pictures

Love the sign on the roof! Would work well in Kenosha Wisc. Didn’t know they combined dealerships in Canada.
  2. absunbeam

2024 Club Calendar Monthly Car Articles

Still have salt on the roads but no snow yet, have seen some classics out but most are under cover in Wisc. If the heater is working turn to high and enjoy top down fun!
  3. absunbeam

What Year, Model is this?

This is a 2.8 with the dual exhaust which came out of a TVR 280i. Was hoping to get headers for it but opted for the US version with siamese exhaust ports and Dan’s headers .The Alpine pictured had a 2.6 Capri pictured in orange. The current owner is putting a 2.8 with Dan’s kit.
  4. absunbeam

Fun Alpine Pictures

Hope someone kept the paint scheme on Alan’s Alpine. One of a kind!
  5. absunbeam

Super Minx 1966 Gages not working

Thanks, the Lucus writing on them may give away their age. Did a continuity test which they past, however you can twist the ends slightly which I believe may be an issue.
  6. absunbeam

Body Panels - who makes the best anymore?

Chris Lunn makes good panels he’s located in Canada west of Toronto.
  7. absunbeam

Thanks for that, good info!
  8. absunbeam

Having an issue with sporadic function of the gas and temperature gage in the Super Minx Estate. When at the United in Bowling Green traveling to an event the gages quit working. Played around with the fuses and they worked again for a short time. Checking the instrument voltage regulator had...
  9. absunbeam

Duratec 2.5 with a D'Tec Ranger 2.3 head

Might want to get Barb to have you checked out, glad you made it home at least! Time to get the OD tranny put in if yours is questionable And a carb from Bob Webb.
  10. absunbeam

Windscreen removal

Do you have the old cardboard strip? Good to fabricate off the old one as a pattern. Use Hobby Lobby or Michael’s black cardboard picture backing for material. Correct thickness.
  11. absunbeam

Windscreen removal

Good point Jan! Hard to put a new dash pad on with the dashboard in.
  12. absunbeam

Super Minx complaint tag

Another strange discovery was the passenger rear door ashtray was missing When I bought it. Since then one was found, when putting the taillight back in I saw some thing shiny below the light. Turns out to be the missing ashtray! How it ended up there is the mystery. Since there is a small...
  13. absunbeam

Super Minx complaint tag

Found this in the right rear taillight wiring. Surprised it was still entact, anyone ever find one in their Rootes vehicle? Changing over the chrome trim disks that hold the trim on most are rusted, thanks to Eric G for having some replacements. Putting in led’s to help being seen at night...
  14. absunbeam

1725 piston(s) std bore wanted?

A 50/50 mix of Naptha & ATF shaken not stirred seems to work. I had # 4 stuck also but the chances of it being good are slim. Watch for broken rings! I ended up getting a set of .010 over pistons from SS years ago.
  15. absunbeam

July 9th, Mad Dogs and Englishmen British car show features Rootes cars as Rare Gems at the Glimore Museum, Michigan

Great weather at the Gilmore! About 400 British Cars . 9 Rootes vehicles TVR had their out of the woodwork gathering with 22 TVR.
  16. absunbeam

July 9th, Mad Dogs and Englishmen British car show features Rootes cars as Rare Gems at the Glimore Museum, Michigan

I’m planning on going, will trailer the SM Estate because of Chicago! Looks like a cooler weekend but will bring the popup JIC.
  17. absunbeam

SIV GT Alpine

I have a seat that is upholstered not bent up that I can tell. The frames are supposedly sold but have not been picked up yet. They are S4 which may differ from SV.
  18. absunbeam

Sussex Wisc British Field Day This Fathers Day

Pictures from the Sussex show on Fathers Day, about 180+ British cars showed up. Got visiting and missed the Alpine and Heinz Mime Tiger which took first place. Great weather brought out some great British iron!
  19. absunbeam

Windscreens from Moss Motors

Got mine for future projects. Well packed.