• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 65sunbeam

April 5+6 2024- Columbia, SC Invasion.

Two weeks from today (April 6th) our Sunbeams invade the British car show here in Columbia, SC! There is one more week to register your car for this show and then the fee goes up $10 and stays at that rate if you register at the gate. Also let me know if you have a Tiger that you want to get a...
  2. 65sunbeam

2024 invasion registration

Hi Bill There is one more week to register your car and then the fee goes up $10 and stays at that rate if you register at the gate. For Sponsoring members of the SAOCA there is no fee for the Invasion itself but that may change next year as we have a few new ideas we want to try then. Thanks, Eric
  3. 65sunbeam

Tiger TAC inspections will be done at the Invasion April 5+6 2024

TAC inspections for Tigers will be held at the Invasion! It took awhile to get the required 3 inspectors but it will take place at the Invasion. Please PM me if you want to be placed on the list or have any questions. Thank you.
  4. 65sunbeam

TAC inspections for Tigers will be held at the Invasion! It took awhile to get the required 3 inspectors but it will take place at the Invasion. Please PM me if you want to be placed on the list or have any questions. Thank you.
  5. 65sunbeam

Jack handle clip

At the Invasion you will be able to see the correct location for those jack clips and with any luck, find some of those clips for sale at the swap meet on Friday April 5th at the host hotel!
  6. 65sunbeam

2024 Club Calendar Monthly Car Articles

I am posting this for John.... My Alpine is the March cover car! My name is the same as my club ID… john hemsath, and I live (retired) in Northern California in the city of Discovery Bay. I’ve always liked British cars and owed a couple jags in my younger days. Not sure how I zeroed in on...
  7. 65sunbeam

Thanks for signing up! As of today we have 20 Sunbeams that will be at the show on Saturday. Everyone make sure to register soon as early car show registration with the lower price expires on March 26th...
  8. 65sunbeam

Gauging interest for the Invasion at the Mad Dogs and Englishmen show in Michigan July 12-14

https://gilmorecarmuseum.org/events/mad-dogs-englishmen-2024 I am trying to line up a host hotel for this event so I need some idea of how many members will be attending and need a hotel for this weekend. This is a chance for all our Mid West members to participate in an all Sunbeam weekend...
  9. 65sunbeam

I got a call from the show organizer today. So far 11 Sunbeams are registered for the car show! Keep them coming as it is less than two months away.
  10. 65sunbeam

Best place for parts?

One great place for parts is to attend our next Invasion in Columbia, SC this April 5+6. We always have a big swap meet. It has doubled in size since two years ago. And we will have several Free Tables where many good parts are free!
  11. 65sunbeam

Sunbeam bodges you have found

Maybe not a bodge but to me it sure looks like one! I have never seen chrome headlight eyebrows on a Sunbeam before. Not that there's anything wrong with that but over MKII non-peaked headlight rims as well?
  12. 65sunbeam

Sunbeam bodges you have found

Thought I would get this thread going again as I just bought an Alpine with lots of nice features and lots of bodges too. How about buying a new gas cap lid and not installing the original inside parts to seal it as well as not installing the spring to hold the release button out?? Hey it looks...
  13. 65sunbeam

Watercolor Sunbeam

That looks like a 2000 on the left. On the right is a Giulia Spider 1600. Mine was a 1963 and red. Wonderful cars with a DOHC all alloy engine and 5 speed. Only problem was that so many people told me "what a nice Karmann Ghia" I got tired of hearing that. When I bought my first Sunbeam (a...
  14. 65sunbeam

Watercolor Sunbeam

Talented artist and a nice surprise to see him painting the two Alfa Romeos. My first car was the same as the one on the right but mine sure did not look that good! Bought it for $600 when stationed in northern Minnesota. My next car was a $600 Sunbeam Tiger from Duluth. Sure can't find cars...
  15. 65sunbeam

Thanks for your update! I have to ask though-your February calendar photo shows the tower of Pisa in the background. Is it a Chicago landmark?? Or photoshop?
  16. 65sunbeam

TE/AE United 41 August 15-18, 2024 West Lebanon, New Hampshire

That would be on the last evening of the United-Sunday the 18th. Hope you can join us!
  17. 65sunbeam

What color should I paint my Tiger?

Wow I didn't know Rocco had such a long secluded driveway! Think how that Tiger would look sitting there painted white with a red interior....
  18. 65sunbeam

Time to get these started again! Remember-all Gold, Platinum, and Diamond sponsoring members get a calendar each year. Please send your photos to us at membership@sunbeamalpine.org and perhaps it will be in next year's calendar! Here is the calendar cover. That is Michael Carter's Alpine...
  19. 65sunbeam

TE/AE United 41 August 15-18, 2024 West Lebanon, New Hampshire

Come join us for a great all Sunbeam weekend. For SAOCA members who live in the NE and are a long way from our Invasions, here is your chance to gather with other enthusiasts. All Rootes cars in any condition are welcome! More details to follow but make your hotel reservations first. Our host...
  20. 65sunbeam

Parts, parts, and more parts! Bring them for our huge swap meet on Friday. Last year we overflowed into the parking lot. We will also have a table or two for parts you want to give away. One man's trash is another's treasure!