• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 61Alpine

61 Sunbeam Alpine v6 Conversion

I have a 1961 Sunbeam Alpine That has been converted to a V6 with a T5 Transmission. I used the kit from V6 Jose. This is the second Alpine I have converted. Car is Painted, Engine in, Transmission in. Ford 8" Rear Diff with Disk Brakes. Painless Performance Wiring Harness (90% Complete)...
  2. 61Alpine

wiper wiring

Question on the Wiper Motor. There at three screws on the bottom. The middle one on mine had a wire going to ground. Is that correct? Rewiring my car and my wiring to the motor was all melted. Rob
  3. 61Alpine

Door Glass Help

That seems to be the prevailing thought.
  4. 61Alpine

Door Glass Help

I had to replace the door glass in my series 1. when I installed the glass in the metal channel at the bottom I got the channel to far forward. Is there a way to loosen that up so that I can slide it back about 3/8 of an inch.
  5. 61Alpine

Series 1 Windshield

I bought a S1 windshield from Pilkington and just got it installed in the frame this week. Fit was perfect. So much nicer than the piece of crap I had.
  6. 61Alpine

Sunbeam Alpine Seats

I found a nice set of seats from a 76 Triumph TR7. Fit real nice and good mechanism. Just having them upholstered right now. Thanks
  7. 61Alpine

Series I. Front Cross Member

Fully assembled, just as it came out from under the car. Series I Front cross member. $150 You would probably need to pick it up in Utah.
  8. 61Alpine

Cologne 2.8l turbo

No but I would love to see one.
  9. 61Alpine

Alpine Trans and SI-II Windshild for sale

Steven, I would be interested in the windshield. Rob
  10. 61Alpine

Series 2 hardtop rebuild with modifications

How you you mount the plexiglass into that. I am very interested in updating my antiquated hardtop.
  11. 61Alpine

Series 1 Windshield

My Series 1 Alpine has a major stress fracture in the windshield. I have been looking for a replacement but have not found one yet. Does anyone know where I can locate a Series 1 Windshield. Thanks,
  12. 61Alpine

Sunbeam Alpine Seats

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for the info.
  13. 61Alpine

2.9 valves

I have a 2.8 engine in my #2 Alpine. I had my matching shop put the crank from a 2.9L and the valves into my 2.8L It has been about 8 years since the work was done and I have been stalled on the project since, so I have not run the engine yet but this year it will run. So yes you can put 2.9L...
  14. 61Alpine

Sunbeam Alpine Seats

Pretty sure they were Series I. They were in the car when I originally bought it in 1973. There is a lever on the side that you push down to lock the ratchet in place. But then I’m getting older and memory may not be correct.
  15. 61Alpine

Sunbeam Alpine Seats

Utah. I have a Series I. My drivers seat is solid. The passenger seat, I can’t get it to stay upright. when you lean back it lays down. Torn or apart a couple times and it just won’t stay up.
  16. 61Alpine

Sunbeam Alpine Seats

I am in need of a decent pair of seats for my alpine. I am okay reupholstering them. What I need a good structure to start with. If you know of a good pair of seats from another British Car I might consider those also. Thanks 61Alpine
  17. 61Alpine

Dash Holes

Looking at the back of my dash. The clock hole looks to be original and not tampered with. I am not positive what series call this came from since I purchased it years ago from someone advertising it as a series I.
  18. 61Alpine

Dash Holes

All of the small gauges are the same size. Amp meter gas gauge, water temp and oil pressure are all the same size. Saturday ill pull one and try to fit the plug. The hole I need to fill is definitely larger than those. The plugs I have, the outside diameter fits through the hole with maybe a...
  19. 61Alpine

Dash Holes

I can get a picture and measure the hole Friday or Saturday. I'm not sure what series car this dash came from but it is different than my series I.
  20. 61Alpine

Dash Holes

Well is seems that there are two different sizes of plugs. I now have two nice plugs that are to small for the clock hole in my dash. The hole is original and has not need enlarged. Any ideas, other than a clock to fill that space. Don't really want to go the clock route.