• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Knightowl61

Soft top from a S-4 or 5 and Installing on a Series 3 - WON'T FIT

The dash pad is just moulded plastic, the end that goes under the windshiels is about 1/32" thick. I thought the windshield was ok, if adjusted over 30" the window to windshield is even. I thought Michael said the pivot arms that come out of the B post were bent.
  2. Knightowl61

Soft top from a S-4 or 5 and Installing on a Series 3 - WON'T FIT

S-III bought without top or windshield. Installed a windshield and aquired a softtop from a S-4 or 5 (b-post hardware included). Reading https://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/soft-top-and-hard-top-alignment.30530/#post-224532 Set windshield to 29.5" , moved bottofront window guide...
  3. Knightowl61

S-III windshield chrome trim

It probably is stainless steel, but magnets have a strong attraction to it.
  4. Knightowl61

Worked too late last night.......the bottom chrome goes under the rubber. Still got a little gap like the middle picture.
  5. Knightowl61

Car didn't have a windshield when bought. Mix & match pieces and installed a new windshield and rubber from SS. Sides and top chrome fit well, but the bottom is ending short on both sides. Most of the middle chrome section is fully seated in the rubber. We put a little caulking on the side...
  6. Knightowl61

S-III turn signal cancelling with horn ring

Also need the turn signal cancelling cog with horn ring that rides on the switch spring.
  7. Knightowl61

License Plate Lamp glass & wire

Getting my daughter's SIII ready for the invasion and finding more missing parts. Need the glass & wire holder for the single bulb light, have a good base & socket.
  8. Knightowl61

A rather odd "BOLT" will be available shortly

Actually I don't think I need them, but take some to the car show anyway. The PO replaced a long 1/4" bolt in that area but it wasn't the special bolt.
  9. Knightowl61

A rather odd "BOLT" will be available shortly

I need at least one. Any still available?
  10. Knightowl61

Lift The Dot, Stud, 10/32

Looks like it would work, but only need 4 and expect to pay around $10. + shipping. Thanks
  11. Knightowl61

I got the pad from Curt (classic Sunbeam) it didn't have any foam, just a hard molded plastic. Thickness in the front edge is sbout 10 mil and stiff (guessing)
  12. Knightowl61

Put a new dash pad on a SIII and ordered Lift The Dot Studs 10/32 from SS. The studs are too short to catch the capture nuts on the vent covers. I looked all over the web for longer threads but could only find 8/32 threads. The capture nuts are in a sub panel and solid under dash. Is there a...
  13. Knightowl61

Exterior door handles

Was hoping to find for around $50 to $100.
  14. Knightowl61

Exterior door handles

Wanted a good set of exterior door handles or at least a "better" drivers side exterior door handle.
  15. Knightowl61

Brakes

Mine are 1/4" and there are 4 lobes on the adjuster. Make sure you stop on the flat spots.
  16. Knightowl61

SAOCA facebook page

I'm anti social media (and then some) and will go along with what the first few posts say. I think the sunbeamalpine.org & forum are great.
  17. Knightowl61

April 5+6 2024- Columbia, SC Invasion.

Looking at the registration link there isn't a Modified Alpine, just all car Special & Modified