• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. A

1967 SV for Sale

Selling my 1967 SV. Located in Calgary, Canada. Have one too many. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1429010401 Can call/text 403 540-8550 Thanks, James
  2. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

Hi all, Some time ago I replaced the defective transmission on my SV with an overdrive unit I purchased along with an entirely disassembled car. Being as I am in rewiring mode I thought I would consider getting the OD unit operational. When I purchased the vehicle I asked the PO if the OD unit...
  3. A

Tach Problem

Hi all, My latest and hopefully nearly last re-wiring issue is the tach on my S-V. I originally thought the induction coil loop fittings had gone missing and tried to fab a new one but with no success. As luck would have it, I found both the plastic holder and the metal clip. After checking...
  4. A

Fuel and Temp Gauge Wiring

Hi All, Just trying to finish my forever SV rewiring project. The wiring for the temp and fuel gauges seem straight forward but maybe not as obvious as I thought. Both gauges have 2 connectors with no indication which would be power and which would be sensor. I haven't been able to get the...
  5. A

Parts for sale or free

Hi All. I need to clean out my garage and have lots of parts from mostly series II or IV. Mechanical, electrical, body and trim. Located in Calgary, Canada. Just let me know what you are looking for. email is best to start, jennybenny at shaw dot ca. Thanks, James
  6. A

SV Tachometer Induction Coil Fix

Hi All, Just about finished rewiring my SV after too many years. It appears that the induction coil piece for the tachometer has gone missing. Does anyone know of an easy fix for this? It doesn't seem that this part is readily available for purchase. Thanks, James
  7. A

Carb Issue

Hi all, I have been having trouble with the engine losing power under load. For some tie I thought it was an electrical issue but that all sees to check out OK. What I have discovered is that as gas is fed to the carburetors, the front carb has significantly less vacuum than the rear. This...
  8. A

On-Line Article on Sunbeams and Jensons

Though some may be interested in this. James http://driving.ca/aston-martin/auto-news/news/american-muscle-in-a-british-chassis-is-a-recipe-for-success
  9. A

62 Series II for Sale

Hi All, We are selling our house so one of the alpines has to go. The yellow SII drew the short straw. $5500.00 obo. Link to Kijiji ad below. I have lots more pics if you are interested. http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Sunbeam-Alpine-W0QQAdIdZ389677800 Car is in...
  10. A

Cross Tube Bushings

Hi all, My cross tube bushings appear to be worn out. I have a new set from SS, but it seems that this is a more complicated puzzle to solve than originally thought. I have the bolts off, but getting the tube off seems to be a problem, and re-installing it would seem more difficult. Tips...
  11. A

GT Dash Material

Hi All, A friend is going to make me a GT style dash as part of my SV rewiring project. It has been a while since I have seen one, but am I correct in saying the proper veneer material is a burled walnut? Has anyone tried anything else? Buddy is thinking Birds Eye Maple, or something...
  12. A

Drive Shaft Length

Hi all, I changed out the transmission in my SV to an OD but it mates up with an older Capri rear end so the regular drive shaft is to long, and the OD driveshaft is to short, and doesn't match the bolt pattern. So my plan is the get the non-OD shaft shortened. Question is, How much play...
  13. A

Overdrive Tranny Install

Hi All, After some looking, I have what I think may be a suitable transmission to put in my SV. I believe it is a later synchro OD model. I am assuming this as the reverse is down to the right. First thing is. Is it possible to install without esentially pulling the engine. When we removed...
  14. A

Reynolds Museum Selling ??

Hi All, A local auto museum has a posting regarding selling parts ect. I would guess the Sunbeams that are mentioned are likely pre 1959, but for those that have other projects, It might be a rare opportunity...
  15. A

Parts, Parts, Parts.

Hi all, I recently rescued a garage full of mostly SIV parts from a trip to the dump. I have the better part of 2 cars, mechanically, and 1 car's worth of body parts. Also have a pile of SII parts, mostly mechanical from another rescue. I am not really looking to make any money off this...
  16. A

Transmission fill / check plug

Hi all, I purchased another Alpine at an auction a couple weeks ago. Have been going over the car looking for the usual suspect deficiancies. The major concern is a very noisy first gear. I figure that checking the transmission fluid level might be a good thing as I know the car had rarely...
  17. A

SV Transmission Removal

Hi All, SV transmission pops out out gear in 2nd, and is making unpleasant noise in 1-3. WSM says I need to lift the engine ect to remove it. With the car sitting over a 5 ft pit, I cannot see the reason for the extra work. It looks like it should drop out after moving exhaust and a few other...
  18. A

SV Turn Indicator Switch

Hi all, Anyone have a turn switch for an SV? The one I have has the plastic bits that hold the signal activated broken off. Thanks, James
  19. A

Auto Tranny

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-auto-parts-tires-engine-engine-parts-1964-Sunbeam-Alpine-engine-w-auto-transmission-W0QQAdIdZ222307714
  20. A

62 Alpine, Manitoba

http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_Car_details/BRANDON_Manitoba_1962_SUNBEAM_ALPINE1962_2343517.html?srcID=14&frnID=10256718&prv=Manitoba&r=13