• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. A

1967 SV for Sale

Selling my 1967 SV. Located in Calgary, Canada. Have one too many. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1429010401 Can call/text 403 540-8550 Thanks, James
  2. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

Thanks, That is more or less how I am planning to do it. I also have a fuel pump wire that runs down the firewall and then back near the tranny that I will match up. Regarding the of switch, I don't know that the shims were the problem. I think the switch was just sticky and stuck in the closed...
  3. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

Hi all, Now that the 3rd winter is over I have been able to get back to the garage. Had some issues trying to get the OD switch out to check until I found the access panel on the top of the transmission panel buried under carpet insulation, backing and whatever. Was able to get the switch out...
  4. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

The back-up lights I had never really worried about, and havn't seen much info on them or a reference in the WSM. I am guessing there may be a switch on the tranny but I cant recall seeing or finding one .
  5. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

Thanks, I missed Mikes photo, which shows what I have. That would have saved a bit....... So I think I should be able to get at the switch. Wasn't sure how exactly how it works but an illustration in my SII manual shows what I think is similar. I am guessing the switch is spring loaded so that...
  6. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

If the switch is faulty or simply out of adjustment, I am guessing that it would be difficult at best to repair with the transmission still in the car.
  7. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

I am not sure what vehicle the tranny originally came from. I got it with a SIV but it was not original for that car. I believe it is a later syncro version, Reverse down to the right. It was also somewhat different in size than a early OD tranny I had from an old SII. When I put the tranny in...
  8. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

Upon further investigation, The switch in question has 4 tabs but there appears to be only 2 contacts as noted by Mike. The switch is located on the right side (Passenger) of the tranny forward of the solenoid and I can find nothing on the other side, but there is a lot of stuff in the way...
  9. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

OK, to update and clarify I was able to confirm the solenoid is operating. But the problem as I see it is that no matter what gear or neutral I choose, the solenoid actuates and indicator lamp lights when the OD switch is enabled and does not de-actuate when the gearbox is moved to 1st or 2nd...
  10. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

Hi All It has finally warmed up enough for me to get back in the garage so I had a go at the OD wiring. It all seemed quite straightforward but there seems to be a bit of a glitch. When I went to hook up the wires to the OD switch there appeared to be only 2 tabs and I figured it didn't matter...
  11. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

But if your going to get burned, it will be by the 5%!
  12. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

Hi all, So here is where I am now. I don't have any of the original harness or parts so it is all going to be new but not as per original. I have found a local source for the Lucas SRB111 relay and will modify it per Tom's instructions. I can drill a hole in the dash for a new light of which...
  13. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

OK, I did see that diagram after I posted. So I will go ahead with Tom's solution. I don't have any sort of relay or the column switch so I was goin to use the switch previously mentioned by Jim and a new modified relay. I am hoping that I can source both those parts locally along with the...
  14. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

OK, So what I found was this, which would seem to be the correct part but without seeing a schematic...... https://www.bpnorthwest.com/relay-6ra-type-lucas-brand.html Is it possible that the once hard to find part is now being manufactured again?
  15. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

Hi all, Thanks for the feedback. It all seems quite straight forward but I do have one question. Tom, your modified drawing shows a 4 terminal relay with the added diode and resistor, but from I find, the 6RA is a 5 terminal relay as per WSM 145. Thanks, James
  16. A

Overdrive Wiring ect.

Hi all, Some time ago I replaced the defective transmission on my SV with an overdrive unit I purchased along with an entirely disassembled car. Being as I am in rewiring mode I thought I would consider getting the OD unit operational. When I purchased the vehicle I asked the PO if the OD unit...
  17. A

Tach Problem

Got it sorted. Was the ground of course. Disconnected while playing the gauge wiring and not properly reattached and since not an issue with the fuel and temp gauges let it slip. Thanks for all your help. Doubt I would have ever figured out the induction loop direction on my own Thanks, James
  18. A

Tach Problem

Only one wire with the resistor series. Ign #2 through tach loop to the ballast resistor and then from the resistor to the coil +.
  19. A

Fuel and Temp Gauge Wiring

Hi all, Found a replacement regulator locally, installed and checked fuel gauge. Appears to work fine. Will assume temp gauge will work as well. Thanks for the tips. James
  20. A

Tach Problem

OK, So to check off: There is only the one wire from ign #2 power to induction loop to ballast resistor to + on coil. Negative on coil goes to distributor. Car starts fine. The loop is as shown on the diagram, strictly by luck. Maybe I should have caught that but electrics/electronics...