• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. B

gas pipe tank connectors - revisited

I posted some of this already on an unrelated thread so I figured it would be a good idea to put it here to save someone else some misery. When I pulled my tanks to clean and seal them, I saw that the PO had used some drain hose couplings from ACE hardware. Yikes. When I saw that Sunbeam...
  2. B

Rear wheel cylinder retaining clips

Not sure how the retaining clips are supposed to work. When I took the rear wheel cylinders off of my blue car, they were held on by only one spring clip and they were very wobbly once shoes were removed, but before the clip was removed. i.e. they weren't going to fall off, but they seemed far...
  3. B

Do I do something to update my donation status?

Other than donate that is. I did the paypal thing a few days ago and my avatar still seems to say 'Donation Time' I figured it might take a few days to register. If there are any manual steps and it might take a while, I can be patient. If there is anything else I should do on my part...
  4. B

Fuel line advice

My apologies if this has already been covered. I did several searches and didn't see what I was trying to find. Is there an opinion on the best material for the fuel line? My PO has rubber running from boot to fuel pump and that just seems dangerous to me. I found some 3/8" aluminum fuel...
  5. B

It's ALIVE! Well sorta kinda...

Hey Gang, Renember me? Many of you might not as I have been kind of sporadic in my participation. Finally got enough of life's gotchas and my own procrastination out of the way enough to get the old beast fired up. I very carefully setting my 17 year-old's expectations that it was going to...