• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. beijing_ken

Trouble getting the windshield frame to sit properly

Hi All, I am looking for some advice as I cannot get my windshield frame to seat properly. It sits so high I cannot get some of the nuts to start even without washers or lock washers. I have installed the adjusting nuts to help align the frame to the triangular windows on a S4. I was...
  2. beijing_ken

Windshield and triangular door window alignment.

Hi All, I am in the process of re-installing my windshield and the triangular side windows in the doors and hoping to get some advice/tips on setting them set up so that they align properly. I do have the two adjusting nuts for the windshield frame put I am not 100% sure how they work as the...
  3. beijing_ken

Mounts/brackets for the heater/vent levers on an aftermarket wooden dash

Hi All, I am wondering what people have done in terms of brackets for mounting the levers for the vent and heater on an aftermarket wooden dash. Please see the attached photos for the original dash, and the aftermarket wooden dash. In addition, thanks to Rick from Sunbeam Specialities for...
  4. beijing_ken

Spacer or no spacer when mounting Wilwood's brake and clutch master cylinders

Hi All, When mounting your aftermarket Wilwood's brake and clutch master cylinders do you use the factory spacer that was in place with the original equipment ? I have seen one photo on the internet using the spacer with the Wildwood products on a Tiger. Thanks, Ken
  5. beijing_ken

Clock in an Alpine ?

Hi All, I bought some after market gauges from Dolphin and have them fairly well sorted out, but I had heard that the Sunbeam had a clock in some models ~ is that true ? Did it replace this "false gauge" ~ please see the attached photo ? I am curious if that "false gauge" can be replaced with...
  6. beijing_ken

Bolt size and length for the front signal lights on a Series IV

Hi All, My Sunbeam came to me with the front signal lights missing; I have purchased some aftermarket signal lights, but hoped someone could tell me the size and length of the bolts; two would be the same and one longer. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me their size and length...
  7. beijing_ken

Dolphin gauges and the gas tank float ?

Hi All, I am slowly moving forward on my little project and I had bought a set of Dolphin gauges ages ago, well, I was going through the box and found they also include a gas tank float. My question is - do I have to use the float supplied or can I use the existing/stock float ? I must have...
  8. beijing_ken

Sound Deadening Material

Hi All, I was wondering what people are using for sound deadening material ? I have seen a lot of photos of more modern materials that look pretty space age and that may work on the inside of the door skins and the interior door panels, but I think I would prefer more traditional material for...
  9. beijing_ken

Tips on putting on the clips for the trunk script ?

Hi All, I am putting my car back together, very slowly, but I am happy to be moving forward, and I was going to put my trunk script on but only one of the three pins is easily accessible; how do you get the other two on as they are under the inner skin on the trunk lid ? Any thoughts or...
  10. beijing_ken

Wilwood Brake master cylinder installation ~ an tips and photos

Hi All, I am going to put in new Wilwood master cylinders for the brakes and clutch; does anyone have experience installing these, especially the linkage from the pedals to the master cylinders ? Any tips or photos would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Ken
  11. beijing_ken

Spindle nut torque wrench setting ?

Hi All, Can anyone out there in Sunbeamland please tell me the spindle nut torque wrench setting on a series 4 ? I can't seem to find a listing ? Thanks, Ken PS - I am mounting some Wilwood disc brakes today.:)
  12. beijing_ken

Photo of the location of tools in a S4 trunk ?

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has a photo of where the tools are placed/located in the trunk of a Series 4 - I want to mount the tools in the right location but have no idea about the location and orientation of the tools originally as they were removed, along with the supports, before...
  13. beijing_ken

Locking Gas Caps for a Series 4 ?

Hi All, Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket locking gas cap for a series 4 ? Thanks, Ken
  14. beijing_ken

Do you know whomakes this air intake ?

Hi All, I was looking through the internet at V6 Sunbeams and i came across these photos of a "barn find" and wanted to know if anyone knows who makes this air intake system - it looks pretty cool ! Thanks.
  15. beijing_ken

Location of identification numbers on a Series IV Sunbeam

Hi All, Where would I look for all the identification numbers on a Series IV Sunbeam ? And what do they tell you in terms of codes ? I am curious to know. Thanks, Ken
  16. beijing_ken

Need some help finding a modern paint code.

Hi All, I need some help finding a certain colour of paint that came on Sunbeam Alpines and Tigers, but I need it in a two-stage(base coat/clear coat) paint. Here are the details regarding that paint: Rootes code ~ 106 Colour code ~ Commodore Blue Berger colour code ~ 404.2381 1 Gal...
  17. beijing_ken

Need some help finding a modern paint code

Hi All, I need some help finding a certain colour of paint that came on Sunbeam Alpines and Tigers, but I need it in a two-stage(base coat/clear coat) paint. Here are the details regarding that paint: Rootes code ~ 106 Colour code ~ Commodore Blue Berger colour code ~ 404.2381 1 Gal...
  18. beijing_ken

Dimensions of the side stripes ?

Hi All, Does anyone know the dimensions of the side stripes that were found on some cars ? Please see the attached photo for reference. I am getting my car painted soon and would like to know the original dimensions of the stripes. Please and thank you, Ken
  19. beijing_ken

Dimensions of stripes on the side of the car.

Hi All, Does anyone know the dimensions of the side stripes that were found on some cars ? Please see the attached photo for reference. I am getting my car painted soon and would like to know the original dimensions of the stripes. Please and thank you, Ken
  20. beijing_ken

Recommended side mirrors ?

Hi All, I am wondering if anyone can recommend some side mirrors other than the small round ones that came on the car; I do want something that looks good but I also want a larger-sized mirror for safety sake. Thanks, Ken PS - photos speak louder than words. :cool: