• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 65beam

Another 1725 died the heat death...

It all goes back to lack of maintenance. Coolant was neglected and it would be interesting to know what oil was being used. Todays oils will withstand in excess of 400 F temps before breaking down. The bearings were probably well past the max clearance, the pump may have been totally worn out or...
  2. 65beam

Dan, I've run into many over the years that don't think you need to change any of the fluids or even grease the car. Maintenance of fluids, grease, etc. is the cheapest protection there is. Did you notice the block drain is plugged off with a bolt?
  3. 65beam

One of the reasons for conventional coolants being green is so if rust starts to form the coolant will start turning brown. Time to flush and clean.
  4. 65beam

Just looking at the rust tells me the coolant was either water or there was no maintenance of the coolant. Coolant needs flushed at regular intervals and replaced with a 50/50 blended ethylene glycol product.
  5. 65beam

Floor pan

Jan, I still have some of Rob's panels and I have a set of original NOS Chrysler rockers that I might consider giving to you. I think I may have less than 20 dollars in them.
  6. 65beam

Trunk hinges for a '62 Alpine

If you intend to do something of that nature why not fill the opening with two part clear epoxy, let it set, drill and tap. Been there, done that.
  7. 65beam

Yes and they have been going back to the hinges installed on Jean's blue car back in 95. Don't know much prior to that.
  8. 65beam

The hinges tend to work loose mainly due to the gaskets. There are rubber gaskets available but do not use them. Everything tends to move around. The depth of the threads is very shallow and the threads tend to wear out for that reason and the opening becomes larger and then requires re drilling...
  9. 65beam

They're available new from either Classic Sunbeam or Sunbeam Specialties.
  10. 65beam

Parts worth having a spare?

Take the entire car and don't throw anything away.
  11. 65beam

No where to go!

Mike, I have a couple real good accounts within a stone throw of the post office with one being across the street. Stop in and get work done on your car or they'll sell you a good used car.
  12. 65beam

No where to go!

Bill, I understand what you're saying. I would hesitate to even make a statement concerning the number of miles I've driven the series 4 over the years. Keep in mind that I was driving it when I was fresh out of high school in the 60's. The speedometer has probably rolled over at least twice...
  13. 65beam

No where to go!

All they do is complain that they have no place to go.
  14. 65beam

Wheel Bearings

FYI, Oreilly Auto stocks the A2 which is the same as A21 @ a cost of less than $7.00 including the race. The other bearing , BR21 has to come from the warehouse. If they stock them I'm sure other stores have them since they all use the same suppliers.
  15. 65beam

The value of a Covid test

One of Jean's doctors just called me and we discussed her current condition. Treat the current problems and the best guess is at this point she wouldn't infect others since it's been two weeks since symptoms showed. The health department said I didn't fall within the guide lines so I was never...
  16. 65beam

What size were the original Tiger tires?

Tire discounters lists trailer tires in a separate section.
  17. 65beam

What size were the original Tiger tires?

FYI, There's a chain of tire stores called Tire Discounters that stretch from Alabama up thru the mid west. They're based out of Cincinnati and at last count I think you'll find they have available something like 15 different 13 in tires available. Maybe three sizes and various brands.
  18. 65beam

Bill, She's now negative for the Covid 19 virus. It's dead! They pneumonia was caused by the Corona virus OC 43 which is a Beta version of the corona virus family. This is one of the viruses that causes the common cold but will bring on pneumonia in folks like her with a compromised immune...
  19. 65beam

There is wide spread belief that this virus was around before December. The wife and others in the medical field will tell you they had patients with flu like symptoms that tested negative for Influenza A or B. They didn't have a knowledge of COVID 19 which is just Corona Virus Disease with 19...
  20. 65beam

SV Seats

The high back seats in the 69 are decent except some owners need more lumbar support.