• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. sunbeammadd

I'm trying to ID a '68 Rootes engine

At least the Arrow Alpine had two doors. The fourth generation Alpine had five! :)
  2. sunbeammadd

2025 Sunbeam Tiger

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/15/uk-design-student-creates-electric-tribute-to-1925-sunbeam-tiger/
  3. sunbeammadd

Now this is an interesting find...

I've got a copy of that film on VHS. The tape is marked copyright of the Association of Rootes Car Clubs 1990 and was made by PS Video Productions.
  4. sunbeammadd

65 monte carlo rally sunbeam tiger video

Hi Robin, It was selling for £15 last time I checked. There are 8 films on the DVD - all Imp-related of course. (Special Section features both Tigers and Imps.) I imagine SOC-NZ will eventually release Special Section as part of their range of DVDs too -...
  5. sunbeammadd

65 monte carlo rally sunbeam tiger video

That comes from a Rootes promotional film called "Special Section". I'm sure it's available from a number of sources. The Imp Club sell a DVD with Imp-related films and Special Section is included.
  6. sunbeammadd

Can anyone identify this part?

It's off a Hillman of some sort. Hillman's logo represented the three spires of Coventry. I think it's probably from a Super Minx.
  7. sunbeammadd

1980 Alpine

The French Alpine was actually a car manufacturer in their own right, which along the way was bought out by Renault. While they're often referred to as Renault Alpines, that's a little bit like calling a Ferrari a Fiat Ferrari. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_Renault
  8. sunbeammadd

V8 Humber whereabouts??

This subject came up on the Yahoogroups Hillman list. Some people went to have a look at the Humbers but none of them were V8s.
  9. sunbeammadd

2008 Get Smart Alpine -- Warning High-Res Images

I've only just found out that Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway (who are in Australia at the moment) were doing a promotional thing for the movie less than a mile from where I live yesterday. If only I'd known in advance maybe I could have offered my Alpine!
  10. sunbeammadd

The 17th Alpine produced....

Hi Cameron, You might find it handy to join the Queensland Sunbeam club if you haven't already. Russ
  11. sunbeammadd

The 17th Alpine produced....

Hi Cameron, When I got my Alpine back on the road, Qld Transport wouldn't allow it to be registered unless it had the chassis number stamped directly on the body, rather than on a plate. The people who did my roadworthy stamped the number in for me. So it could be something similar. Russ
  12. sunbeammadd

Rosebud rides again - sort of

Just finished my Retro Slot Alpine slot car (although I've still got to put the tape on the headlights - only just realised I forgot that.) I had to buy some aftermarket wire wheels as the kit came with Minilites which wouldn't have been appropriate for Rosebud. All about the...
  13. sunbeammadd

Strange electrical happenings....

Sounds very similar to the problems I had on mine for quite a few years. Nothing I tried ever made a difference and in the end gave up and fitted an alternator and replaced the fuse box with a modern blade type. It may not be original but at least now it all works as it should!
  14. sunbeammadd

Looks good fun

There's one in Queensland too, but the owner's never managed to get the authorities to approve it for road use. Russ
  15. sunbeammadd

Rootes Day

My photos from Rootes Day 2008 held in Brisbane last weekend: http://picasaweb.google.com/sunbeammadd/RootesDay2008 I started photographing cars individually but then the kids started whining that they wanted to go home so I had to give up and just take group shots. It wasn't until I got...
  16. sunbeammadd

2008 Get Smart Alpine -- Warning High-Res Images

If we're lucky there might be some nice Sunbeam merchandise to tie in with the movie.
  17. sunbeammadd

Bring a trailer IMP

Might be time I increased the insured value on mine!
  18. sunbeammadd

Proper switch possission

In Australian houses up is off and down is on. I can't recall ever being confused by UK light switches so I'd say Tom is probably correct in thinking UK houses are the same.
  19. sunbeammadd

A typical day at the office for Henri Toivonen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ifiYG3KPwE
  20. sunbeammadd

rootes centerery display 30 dec 2007

Oh, so there must be two Sunbeam Lotuses in Australia then..... Looks like it was a brilliant day. Very jealous.