• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. mike_also

SUNI VII success

I just got through the home door and thought I should say something positive about SUNI V111. To me, it was awesome. I met or reconnected with famous posters here, i.e. Dan Walters, Dan Richardson and Bill Blue. I met other SAOCA members who like me, read the posts but stay a little quiet. I...
  2. mike_also

Moss acquires VB's inventory

It was announced 11/20/20 on the Victoria British and Moss Motors websites that they have entered an agreement for Moss to acquire VB's inventory.
  3. mike_also

Access denied

Choosing the bookmark for www.sunbeamalpine.org just gave me an "Access denied" message. First time that ever happened. I came in through a backdoor to find out if anything was happening and don't find any comments from others getting an Access denied message. Site problem or my problem?
  4. mike_also

Axle shaft re-engagement

I'm having a significant emotional event. The right axle shaft will not re-engage with the differential. Tech manual says to gently push the shaft to re-engage and firmly tighten the nuts and bolts of the dust cover, but we're way beyond that now. The left side went in without problem. Tell...
  5. mike_also

Damper springs and cap

While I have arranged the purchase of a column, does anyone have a good damper spring and damper cap to help extend the life of my steering box? Thanks for checking.
  6. mike_also

Ranger/BroncoII Pan

Anyone with a Ranger/Bronco II 2.8 oilpan (a sump with the deep part towards the rear) they won't be using? A bad experience at the Pick & Pull (call me "nine-finger Sam" now) and a desire to give business to clubfolk first leads me to ask the question. Thanks Mike (Always count the...
  7. mike_also

SCCA Solo II G Prepared

Did anyone run an Alpine in Solo II G Prepared last season or plan to run upcoming season? I'd like to hear your experience with preparation and how Alpine does when freed of weight and modified. Casey (FSP33) are you out there? Thanks.
  8. mike_also

Diversion

I don't want to bore you by recounting the 'series of unfortunate events' that has separated me from my V6-project Alpine for a temporary period, but it has caused me to "experience" some of what Alaska has to offer. Yesterday, I realized snowboarding.......Folks, it's a lot harder than it...