• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. mike_also

Selling my '62 Alpine

Where in New Mexico is this car located?
  2. mike_also

Excitement Builds

Another thread details the directed efforts getting 140RWHP from an aggressive build. I know zero people who have heard of W. Edward Demming or his efforts to get American auto mfrs to adopt statistical process control to increase automotive reliability in the building stage. His advice found...
  3. mike_also

Excitement Builds

4. mike_also

SUNI VII success

I just got through the home door and thought I should say something positive about SUNI V111. To me, it was awesome. I met or reconnected with famous posters here, i.e. Dan Walters, Dan Richardson and Bill Blue. I met other SAOCA members who like me, read the posts but stay a little quiet. I...
  5. mike_also

Longer Lug Bolts for the Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger

Hi DanR. I just replaced (~ 2 months ago) all my studs with 2.5" 7/16 x 20 Morosos (from Summit); rather had a machine shop increase the hub holes by a little and press the studs into front and rear hubs to accomodate VTO wheels (w/ open end nuts). VTO uses 17mm drive 7/16 x 20 nuts and wheel...
  6. mike_also

Moss acquires VB's inventory

It was announced 11/20/20 on the Victoria British and Moss Motors websites that they have entered an agreement for Moss to acquire VB's inventory.
  7. mike_also

Sunbeam Tiger Top For Sale

Please check your PM.
  8. mike_also

VTO New LAT 70 Style Wheels

Wow. I have the VTO LAT70s on my project and I plus enthusiast friends and the body shop guys think they look great. Not like there is a plethora of 13" LAT70s available and they are not the ubiquitous minilite style.
  9. mike_also

Access denied

As of 8:30 PM, I was able to log on without trouble. Thanks for chasing the errors down. Backdoor: I looked for SAOCA on the web and found an archived post which I opened and made my way to this forum w/o logging in.
  10. mike_also

Access denied

Choosing the bookmark for www.sunbeamalpine.org just gave me an "Access denied" message. First time that ever happened. I came in through a backdoor to find out if anything was happening and don't find any comments from others getting an Access denied message. Site problem or my problem?
  11. mike_also

New Tires and Wheels Front Valance Work for Clearance?

Numbers would be helpful. I, too, am trying to make the decision between 13" and 15" with a +2 tire to keep overall diameter close. I figure 3" of backspace is good, but don't know what a good offset number is. Also, how wide is too wide (195, 205, 215?). My Series 5 is lowered 2" and...
  12. mike_also

2.0 liter Alpine racing engine (seen in newsletter #7, p33)

Did you ever sell this engine? Curiosity and what iffing.....
  13. mike_also

SV engine and transmission for sale

Hold on, I'm pondering.......Sent you a PM.
  14. mike_also

CLONE

It's perfect! Anything else would be over-restoring!
  15. mike_also

V6 Jose Birthday

Happy Birthday, Jose. Thanks for providing a path for me to put the correct number of cylinders into my Alpine! Wishing you good health and happiness.
  16. mike_also

Automatic Transmission

It's a comfort to realize the TCI can handle all 875 HP produced by my 2.8!
  17. mike_also

64-67 Alipine parts for sale

I need the three section metal convertible top covers in good condition, if you have them.
  18. mike_also

Offy 4 BBL Intake potential problem?

Recently bought a used Offy with an unopened accessory pkg and it did not contain enough 8.25X100 bolts to hold down the manifold. No problem, the local Tru-Value carries shapes and sizes of fasteners to put Home Depot and Lowes to shame. Bought 4 more and shortened the length of 2 for the...
  19. mike_also

My good friend Chuck Ingram

Bon voyage. Thank you for the time you spent with us.
  20. mike_also

Complete Hardtop

Hardtop For a III, IV, V, correct? PM sent.