• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. F

Found something interesting?

So, I stripped out my old carpet and found something interesting on the passenger side.. see pic.. the old carpet was cut to allow the slots to come through. My question is, what are they.. braces for a foot rest? It appears to be an added floor pan, from when I don't know, but who ever had...
  2. F

Any one delt with Commonwealth classics, Vancouver, WA??

Got a referal from an over booked British car place to the above shop. He said they had a mechanic who actially used to work build Sunbeams back in the day. Anyone use or had any run ins with em??
  3. F

Brake booster!! Removal.. questions!!

Was gonna look at that.. Harmon brakes.. anyone use them SS referred them.. ??
  4. F

Brake booster!! Removal.. questions!!

I believe the booster went bad.. brake fluid disappearing. No puddles anywhere, brakes gone and now white smoke coming from the engine. Was gonna remove the booster and send to a recommended shop from SS. So.. just confirming, it looks straight forward.. remove the two brake lines, the...
  5. F

Brake fluid disappearing!!??

Thanks everyone again... Will dive into it this weekend... You guys are all awesome..
  6. F

So. Hypothetically.. wink wink.. if I m getting the nasty white exhaust what's my worst case.. I assume draining the oil.. flush.. replace. Is the brake servo done? Where would I find one for a S III?
  7. F

Darn spell check.. servo... Servo!!
  8. F

Must be in the service.. since I don't really have any carpet and I would of seen that.. thanks. I'll check the service today and see what it's got..
  9. F

So, I got my car ready for summer.. drove approximately 200-300 miles. Parked the car for a few days and boom.. brakes are gone. Refilled the empty reservoir.. and when pumping the brakes got air bubbles coming up. Brakes then returned. 3 days later.. reservoir empty again and brakes gone. No...
  10. F

S3 soft-top webbing - treatment on end of webbing

Pease document.. I also have a soft top that needs installed.. could you please take pictures and document the process.. need all the helpmi ca get.
  11. F

New Soft Top ?

Bought one I haven't installed it yet.. but if you need close up photos or anything let me know.. hoping to get it installed this year.
  12. F

Strangest eBay ad ever!

They yanked it from eBay..
  13. F

Wheeler Dealers Car Parts Bins #1/2

Interested in parts.. Interested in the seat rails..need at keast passemger side but if rheres one of each i'd e interesed..
  14. F

"Wheeler Dealers" TV show

Wheeler Dealers.. I just hate how they make it look so easy.. oh look.. take a couple of screws out and pow. There goes the windshield.. oh look.. couple of screws and bam.. there goes the dash.. Arrrrrrgh! Glad to finally see it.. it has now gave me the motivation to get to work for next...
  15. F

over heating a V6 and a smoke test?

After reading all the different ideas about V6's and air flow. I had a great conversation with an old Tiger owner and he thought that someone years ago had done a smoke test. He seemed to remember someone placeing smoke in front of an alpine with both an electric fan and again with the clutch...
  16. F

63 and 65 parts for sale and engine parts.

63' windshield chrome.. Not sure on condition or year.. but interested in the chrome.. and depending on how replacing the rubber goes I might need the windshield also... Let me know..
  17. F

Stock wheels/Tires

i have a set from a series 3.. I have a set from my series 3.. including the spare.
  18. F

soft top questions..

Deal.. !! Alrighty then.. send me your address stuff via my email.. thanks again guys..
  19. F

soft top questions..

Dealing with a Series 3.. help in finding the right top??!! Been talking with SoCal about his top for sale on eBay. Is there a way to identify what top goes to what Series car? Is Velcro only for the Series 4 & 5? So.. for reference.. my top attaches in the rear.. Where a section folds out...
  20. F

Soft Top "tension rod type"

It was that California top company that has soft tops for sale. Was curious if anyone had bought from them and how the quality was.. I was looking at your s also..