• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. A

Series 1 Motor

Hi, I have a complete Series 1 motor that I removed for a V6 conversion. It last ran 25 years ago and has been in the car or a shed the whole time. It turns over just fine. I have given this away twice over the years and and both times the people have gone radio silent. I am moving and it...
  2. A

Delta Cam Lash

HI , I am still tying to still get my V6 ruining right and was wondering if the valve lash need to be different from the stock cam (.016 and ,.017)for the V6 Jose grind from Delta. We are getting low idle vacuum at idle and can't find a leak anywhere as was wondering of the lash cold be...
  3. A

2.8 Runs Too Hot

Hi, I have been working on my V6 conversion for quite a while and have run into a problem I can't figure out. The motor runs consistently ay 240 deg F and never lower. I have checked sensor and gauge in boiling water with two other references and they seem to agree. Most recently, I...
  4. A

Carpet Kits

I am about to need carpet in my V-6 conversion and was wondering what others have done. Since the shifter has been moved back 3 -4 inches and the tunnel made longer and a bit wider, how do the standard Kits work out? Do you just shift it back and put a strip up by the firewall. I found a...
  5. A

Alpine Logos

I am trying to make a logo to put on the gauges of my V6 Alpine project and was wondering if anyone had any jpg files they cold share. One idea I was thinking about was using the side script and add V6 to it. I have looked at a bunch of fonts and can't seem to find anything close. I would...
  6. A

V6 Pcv

HI, I am working on all of the various hoses for my V6 conversion and was wondering what others have done for a PCV? I have nice set of the Aluminum valve covers and really don't want to drill a 1" hole in one. There is a small nipple on the cover opposite the filler tube that has a...
  7. A

Gas Tank Sending Unit Reisitance

Hi, I am looking for what the resistance range is for a Series I gas tank sending unit. When I measure it, I get 0 -90 ohms. I recall reading on the forum that they are supposed to be over 200 ohms. Any help would be appreciated. I am buying an aftermarket gauge and want to make sure...
  8. A

License Plate Light Lens

Does anyone have spare license plate light lens for an early car (Series I) they would like to part with? I dropped mine cleaning it and boy did it shatter. I believe one for a Series I, II or III will work. Thanks, Alan F
  9. A

V6 Engines

Hi, It seems that my Mustang II block is bad, so I need to find a new one. From what I have read, the early Ranger Bornco II engines will work as long as I have the MII front end parts and flywheel. I assume the MII parts bolt right on to the Ranger engine with out any modifications. is that...
  10. A

Front Inner Fenders

Hi, I have a Series I car and a Series II body. I noticed that the Series I has front inner fenders while the Series II does not. By inner I mean a piece that seals the wheel well and covers up the headlight wiring and keeps rocks from denting the front fenders from the inside. I first...
  11. A

Tube Shock Conversion

Hi, I need to figure out the tube shock conversion for the rear of my Series 1. I have seen several good solutions, but I am having trouble finding what part number (from what) shocks people are using. I am also converting to a Ford 8" rear end. My primary plan is to make new lower spring...
  12. A

Chassis Color

Hi, My recollection is that the underside of the car is supposed to be painted body color then undercoated. Is this correct? What have others done? I was thinking about using some of the rocker panel chip guard stuff under the paint instead of the undercoating over it. Comments...
  13. A

Alloy Valve Covers on Ebay

Hi, I saw these and I already have a pair. No interest of course, but I know they are getting harder to find.. Alan http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mercury-Capri-Mustang-V6-2-8-Cologne-Valve-Covers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33627QQihZ006QQitemZ160084293948QQrdZ1
  14. A

Clutch Lever Position

Hi, I was under my car over the weekend finishing up some of the transmission tunnel modifications and attempting to weld. I was looking at the clutch lever and was wondering where it typically is when the clutch is engaged. If it has to rotate much further back (rear of car) than vertical, I...