• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. H

Plastic Shifter Cover housings

I'm out of the Alpine scene now, but still have possession of 4 plastic shifter covers for the SIV automatic. Rick "Skywords" produced them for us several years ago, and we've sold a number to fellow enthusiasts in order to recoup his financial outlay. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get hold...
  2. H

Old Hose

I keep running into old parts- I've thrown out just about everything nobody's wanted on this forum,probably justifiably so- and here's an old hose from my heater box. Don't know if it's anything anyone would want. It's approx. 1.5" dia. and preformed into an "L" shape, but would probably be...
  3. H

Parts to get rid of

I have the following parts to dispose of. If I don't get takers for these parts this week, they're going to a dumpster. All parts are very worn, to say the least, and may require some elbow grease and other pieces to get them workable. But they are free... you pay postage. All came off a SIV...
  4. H

SIV Interior rearview mirror

I have one for sale. Original curved glass. Still has the plastic covering on the back/wraparound, though it has a slight crack in it. Chrome is pitted and the glass, although fully functional, has discoloration. Does not include mounting screws. $75.00 plus postage within the US.
  5. H

Farewell!

After more than 8 years of toil, sweat and lots of bucks, am pursuing other areas of need/interest. I've sold my Alpine. You guys have been a great source for encouragement, advice and parts. I never would've lasted to get Sunnye roadworthy if it hadn't been for you and the resources offered on...
  6. H

Head Gasket Advice?

I've never replaced the head gasket on my SIV, but now it appears the time is drawing nigh. I have the gaskets ready, but have not bought the gasket sealant. Any particular kind to use? Use it on one or both sides of the gaskets? Same sealant on the intake manifold gasket as the head gasket...
  7. H

Websuckers!

That's the term I'd use to describe the e-mails I get that have attached themselves to our forum, but HAVE NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY to do with automobilia. Just got one trying to send me to a shoe site! GRRR! Anyone else have this problem?:mad:
  8. H

Gasket Preferences

Is there a difference (besides pricing) between SS's head gasket and VicBrit's?
  9. H

Radiator questions

While I had my SIV's engine out I went through other major equipment and had them checked- one being the radiator. I was told after having it pressure checked that it was OK. I inquired about having a 3-row core replacement for more efficiency, but the guy said if I was just driving around town...
  10. H

RPM at idle

Is there a "standard" RPM at idle for a freshly rebuilt 1592cc engine? My engine is currently running about 1k at idle after warmup, and my mechanic says it's too fast. After looking in the WSM for the info. and not readily finding it (it may be there... I just don't know where), I thought I'd...
  11. H

Heater Valve Photo, please

I need to see how the heater control valve looks on a SIV- particularly, how the cable hooks up. I have had mine apart/disconnected for so long I can't remember how it's suppose to connect. I may or may not be missing some parts... depends on what the photos show. THANKS!
  12. H

Engine Speed variation

So I was chugging away downtown today, everything was peachy. But eventually I got out on a straight stretch and was going a steady 40 mph or so, and started getting an alarming engine speed fluctuation. It was as if I was stomping the gas, then letting off...continuously. No smoke, overheating...
  13. H

Weber Carb Dilemma

So the car runs. FAST and uneven. The mechanic for my transmission says get the carb fixed or it will destroy (and here's where you can fill in your choice of expensive parts... from the rear end to the tranny to whatever). He showed me the problem- the linkage appears to be wrong. Either upside...
  14. H

Back on the road!

For the first time in 3 years, I'm back on the road!:) Now I'm doing the breaking in of the new engine and rebuilt transmission. Once the engine warms up, I can drive the car, but the gas mix is still too rich. (I'm running the Weber 32/36 carb.) Runs GREAT while accelerating, and in upper...
  15. H

1592 cyl head

Not for sale- I'd be ashamed to ask money for it, it's in bad shape. I don't know if it can be fixed. There are some broken spots, apparently some corrosion etc. I just want to make sure nobody wants it before I chunk it in the dumpster. Some expert out there may know how to weld aluminum to...
  16. H

Auto Transmission Parts

Need a drive plate (4-bolt) and a starter ring gear (22 spline input shaft) for a BW T35 automatic. Anybody have these in useable condition?
  17. H

Tranny woes!

I went out and cranked up my as-yet-untuned SIV. My wife wanted a spin around the block, so I put the top down and put it into gear and... nothing. No gears! :( Seems like all the transmission fluid leaked out onto the carport. Joy joy happy happy...
  18. H

Door Weatherstrips

My SIV will require the rubber strips that keep water from rolling down the glass and into the door replaced. I've not had the doors apart, save for manufacturing/installing door panels. Is this a tricky project? Will I need any special tools? Are these weatherstrips special or is there a...
  19. H

It's ALIVE!!! (kind of)

I finally got my SIV started after being re-engined and generally fixed up, but she's not drivable yet. Still need to finish "powering up" the transmission and fixing some odds and ends. And, of course, getting the insurance updated. I've had some problems with the battery. It seemed to be...
  20. H

Drain Hoses

Does anyone know where the (crispy on my car) hoses that exit my rear wheel arches go to? Will it become apparent if I remove the upholstered panels directly in back of the doors? These are the last remaining hoses on my car that need replacing, due to the effects of being almost as old as the...