• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. H

Plastic Shifter Cover housings

Thanks Jim- I have had someone volunteer to keep them for future needs. Now I need to ship them, as there's already a request for one.
  2. H

Old Hose

Sorry- no rubber elbows. And you're right- it's the defroster hose. My bad.
  3. H

Plastic Shifter Cover housings

I'm out of the Alpine scene now, but still have possession of 4 plastic shifter covers for the SIV automatic. Rick "Skywords" produced them for us several years ago, and we've sold a number to fellow enthusiasts in order to recoup his financial outlay. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get hold...
  4. H

Old Hose

I keep running into old parts- I've thrown out just about everything nobody's wanted on this forum,probably justifiably so- and here's an old hose from my heater box. Don't know if it's anything anyone would want. It's approx. 1.5" dia. and preformed into an "L" shape, but would probably be...
  5. H

Parts to get rid of

I have the following parts to dispose of. If I don't get takers for these parts this week, they're going to a dumpster. All parts are very worn, to say the least, and may require some elbow grease and other pieces to get them workable. But they are free... you pay postage. All came off a SIV...
  6. H

SIV Interior rearview mirror

I have one for sale. Original curved glass. Still has the plastic covering on the back/wraparound, though it has a slight crack in it. Chrome is pitted and the glass, although fully functional, has discoloration. Does not include mounting screws. $75.00 plus postage within the US.
  7. H

Farewell!

After more than 8 years of toil, sweat and lots of bucks, am pursuing other areas of need/interest. I've sold my Alpine. You guys have been a great source for encouragement, advice and parts. I never would've lasted to get Sunnye roadworthy if it hadn't been for you and the resources offered on...
  8. H

tips/tools for door seal replacement?

I didn't have ANY problems with this; just cleaned the door's surfaces and applied glue as if it were contact cement. I only had one shot at it, as once the seal is glued into position, there's no redos. Here it is, eight years later, and the seals are still adhering like I put them on yesterday.
  9. H

Copper Head Gasket

I did that operation for the first time last Fall, and used the copper spray on the gasket. It works great, and I've not had a problem with it since.
  10. H

Dash pad install

You'll more than likely be on your back looking up when drilling out those rivets (I was... much easier to reach, better leverage), so be sure to wear goggles to keep the scraps from falling in your eyes.
  11. H

SV rubber door buffers

That'd be a great addition to this website: Recent Resources, listing what's available and relatively new for Alpines.
  12. H

Bonnet (Hood) Striker Pin Assembly

I believe I've got a spare for my SIV, if you're talking about the spring-activated latch that attaches to the hood. Drop me an e-mail with your address at *von@discipleguide.org* (remove *'s) and I'll mail it to you.
  13. H

curved mirror

I've never had a problem with it vibrating. I'm guessing something's got to be loose in order for that to occur- either the mounting screws or the glass. The SV mirror had the rubber buffer that wedged against the windshield. I don't know if the 1792cc engine made so much more vibration than the...
  14. H

curved mirror

They're WONDERFUL mirrors- you get a very wide field of view for a small area, and when a honkin' big SUV pulls up in back of you at a stoplight at night you don't get blinded.
  15. H

automatic transmission

I've driven my 1592cc SIV automatic for years (when it ran acceptable, which has nothing to do with the tranny), and always found it a real kick to get around town in. Everybody's always remarking about power loss on the automatics vs. standard cars- maybe it's true, I've not personally...
  16. H

More Amusing English Place Names

Blubberhouses. Now THAT I can use for my domicile!
  17. H

You can't make this kind of thing up!

Hey Nick- we've got our shared of crazy names in Arkansas, too. While I lived in Conway, I was in easy reach of Toad Suck, Pickles Gap, and Wooly Hollow. Nothing as suggestive as Intercourse, mind you, but still makes you read your map a couple of times just to make sure you read it right!
  18. H

WANTED: Alpine/Ford V-6 conversion

I've got my SIV for sale (not on E-Bay yet, just locally). It's a daily driver with automatic tranny. Needs work in several areas*, but not a lot of rust. $3500 or a decent offer... There're pros and cons with using an automatic for a V6 conversion, from what I've read on this forum. The...
  19. H

Urgent part needed around London/South East!

It's my understanding they made 2 different kinds of the bolts that you are referring to (besides a standard grade 8 bolt). Can you describe which kind you had? I replaced mine with the plain grade 8 bolt, and have never regretted it. It's easy to tighten and seems to be a better design...
  20. H

series v hull wanted

I've got my '64 SIV complete daily driver for sale... eventually I'll post it on e-Bay. I'm in Texarkana- about 2 1/2 hours SW of Little Rock.