• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Ken Ellis

Capri Ghia wheels

That website is interesting, though... including the engine offering.
  2. Ken Ellis

carburetor switch

It looks like the guy is welding right next to the gas tank. So it'll be a toss-up on the specific cause of death.
  3. Ken Ellis

Sunbeam colours

Remember, too, that all of them were also correct.
  4. Ken Ellis

Alpine V Mod... Dropped in an 285 HP S2K

I think we're going to need a little write-up on this! After you're done, of course... Looks like it was meant to go in there.
  5. Ken Ellis

Alpine V Mod... Dropped in an 285 HP S2K

That's pretty dang spiffy. Weight comparison between engines? How much creative wiring/ECU work was there to do?
  6. Ken Ellis

side trim

I failed to go into detail, but the bodywork/paint was already finished on my car before I bought it. Body shop had filled in all the holes -- for badges, letters, and tonneau cover fasteners. Only exception is the (incorrectly-placed) Alpine script. So the boot is baby-butt smooth. Even...
  7. Ken Ellis

side trim

Well, it's stuck on everything I've asked of it. (Like brake controllers to dashboards, phone and camera mounts, signs to poles, etc.) But I won't be attaching trunk letters to the car until next spring. Auto manufacturers have used it for trim and bling for several years, though. Trailer mfg's...
  8. Ken Ellis

1966 SV Soft Top Closing/latching?

Those hinges are also supposed to allow the vertical window posts to move outward a little bit, which would make the height of the top bow slightly lower. Many installers tighten the screws too tight to allow the 'squat'.
  9. Ken Ellis

side trim

Can you work out a way to use 3M VHB tape? Even if it means making new clips with some additional clearance to keep things flush, it beats drilling holes.
  10. Ken Ellis

Four-Way Flasher

So, a couple of things. First, great write-up. Clear instructions with good pics. Nicely done. Second... kits? Third: This would be a good tidbit for our transatlantic info exchange program with SAOC, if that's a formal thing. Just sayin'.
  11. Ken Ellis

Door Cards

I installed some neoprene padding prior to covering with vinyl. For the actual interior door handles, I found that a couple of ~ 1/4" high spacers between the handle and the interior door metal prevented 'pincushioning' of the padding, while still providing a solid handle mounting. (Spacers go...
  12. Ken Ellis

Please, be careful!

Glad it was just a minor disaster. Had a VW fall off stands when I was a kid. Balance and suspension loading vary quite a bit once you drop out the engine. Oops. Years back, one of our members had a jackstand under a Suburban fail and come down on some of him. He was pretty beat up for...
  13. Ken Ellis

Is the Series 1/2 temperature gauge adjustable?

Trial image posting
  14. Ken Ellis

Motorcycle Headlight Bezel

Might be good for race guys. As many racers run without bumpers, the rings are the first line of "defense", as it were...
  15. Ken Ellis

S2 Hard Top rear latch pins

Would adjusting the rake of the windshield push the top farther back? There are adjustment bolts available, or make-able.
  16. Ken Ellis

Push Rod Slip

Still have the order info? I'd be chasing down the mfg. for that...
  17. Ken Ellis

Light Switch

I haven't looked at the back of a switch for awhile, (and I'm one of the ones who said it was possible.) If there's no spare terminal, you can use something like this...
  18. Ken Ellis

Hardtop 1/4 lite Clasp Button Rubber Washer

Check out these guys: https://acousticalsolutions.com/product/mason-industries-isolation-washer-bushing/ They have good drawings of their product, but I don't know the particular hardtop dimensions. They're called 'shoulder washers' or 'sleeve washers'. Already looked at McMaster Carr and it's...
  19. Ken Ellis

1725 Engine Rebuild.

Chevy rod conversion can save a lot of weight on the rotating assembly. On edit... I see you mentioned that already elsewhere... Here's chapter and verse on the Vizard mod: http://sunbeamalpine.org/2010/08/26/vizard-mod/ I think there has been discussion of flow bench work, too, but I don't...
  20. Ken Ellis

Diff Ring Gear Bolts

This thread has some part numbers in it, but not anyone offering to sell them. http://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/rear.25484/#post-173777 Used standard search above, with the terms: shoulder bolt