• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. R

Complete fuel pump rebuild kits?

I bought a fuel pump kit from SS and was surprised it did not include the oil seal that keeps crankcase oil from getting to the back side of the diaphragm. These are damaged when you pull the diaphragm pull rod past it (especially when the seal is hard as a rock). Anyone know of a better kit...
  2. R

Early side top cover fastener details needed.

My car never had the screws/nuts that screw onto the side cover threaded rod and I've never seen one either. This is for the side cover that that covers the soft top. I am sure I could make them if I have an idea what they look like, can anyone snap me a detailed photo, I'd much appreciate it.
  3. R

door limiter rivet

I had to drill mine out to remove the door limiters when I painted. What have you guys done to replace the rivet/pivot for the door limiter slide between the two hinges? Sorry in advance if my nomenclature is wrong. I have a lathe and can make a rivet, just not sure how to crush the end so the...
  4. R

Early switches wanted (with switch marking rings)

I butchered my switches and need new ones. I never had the early switch marking rings, so need those too. Yes, I know the marking rings are hens teeth... This is for a driver, not a show car.
  5. R

SII Switch set, (why are the available NEW lucas switches NOT correct for Sunbeams?)

I see someone on ebay selling what is touted as correct switches for sunbeams. The rockers are chisel shaped, which I know is not right. The also come with sheet metal switch tags (is this correct for the early cars?). My dash does not include markings for the switch functions so something is...
  6. R

Ign. coil location and mounting for an SII

Its been 30+ years since I have had the stock coil which got unreliable so it was replaced with a Lucas sport coil, which had its own micky-mouse mount. I know its going to be close to the bulkhead based on the unmolested ignition wire being so close to it. IIRC when it had the original coil...
  7. R

For those running twin DCOE carbs (anyone have the starter ckt funtioning?)

I began with Mikuni/Solex PHH carbs on my alpine, they worked a treat all the way around and even had a functional "starter" circuit that when I pulled the choke, would not only enrichen the engine, but the idle would raise too, just like its supposed to. When I bought my spanish DCOE webers...
  8. R

My hipo 1725 engine

Life events have brought me back to wanting to do alpine stuff that I have pushed aside for a number of years. 13 years ago, I moved from California and left most of my moreinteresting Sunbeam stuff there in various locations. 2 years ago, I moved my inlaws from Cali here to Colorado and brought...
  9. R

(nevermind, I bought one) Wanted: Redline "Gooseneck" twin DCOE intake

Wanted to purchase or if you have one available but don't want to sell it, I'd be most appreciative if you would loan it so I can see if it fits with my 4 branch header. I own 2 of the TWM/Pierce twin DCOE intakes and they dont stand a chance of clearing the outer header tubes on my header...
  10. R

Sunbeam Rapier racing the 24 hours of Lemons

I saw a youtube vid today with a Sunbeam Rapier in the 24 hours of Lemons (pun for LeMans) race. https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=39347 Its not clear to me if it ran last year or ran some other Lemons race this year since the 24 hour race is this weekend.
  11. R

SV in Golden CO

Not mine, dont know the seller but it is local if you may want me to take a gander. Aftermarket Hardtop, SIV intake with weber. Dont PM me (no message space), use the "send email" feature. https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/sunbeam/6217850903.html
  12. R

Golden CO alpine

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/6072881988.html No connection whatsoever to the seller but it is literally a mile from my house if anyone wants me to have a look-see.
  13. R

SII side mirror sources?

Anyone have opinions on suitable and period correct solutions for side view mirrors? Hard to believe but none have ever been fitted to my car. Do they all mount on the wing or do some mount to the doors? TIA
  14. R

WTB Ammeter

Whats a usable ammeter fetch these days? The E-Pay prices seem rapey. I have a stewart warner ammeter on my SII it doesnt quite match and doesnt have a lighting provision, hoping to find a more appropriate solution.
  15. R

SII a-pillar window guide to windsheild frame seal

What are we doing for this seal? I am not aware that anyone sells one.
  16. R

Colorado Conclave...

anyone going? Thinking of ponying up the $20 to let my car in but...
  17. R

SII switch positions

Can anyone tell me the factory switch position function from left to right? I reverse engineered what I think is the positions based on the wiring and wire lengths. There were a few could have gone different ways and just want to verify or correct what I have done before I button the wiring...
  18. R

Door alignment

Too many degrees of freedom here, one degree of freedom I havent figured out is if I can tilt the door upward in its closed position. It needs to align so the top of the door matches the body, but also with the door latch HW setup so this is forced, the door just doesnt want to latch unless it...
  19. R

Early hardtop headliner?

Anyone done one of these? It looks like the headliner would need to tuck into the rear window seal lip somehow. Any help or photos would be appreciated.
  20. R

SI/SII early header tank conversion to available (higher pressure) rad caps

The early alpines suffer terribly from proper cooling solutions. The SI and earlier SII tanks lack the horrible external releif valve problem but use a magic (tractor) radiator cap with a 5psi relief pressure. 5psi is too low of pressure to run reasonable coolant temps (190f) without puking...