• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. conanhomer

convertible top

has anyone changed the convertible top cover from the 1965 fiberglass type to the more conventional vinyl kind? if so how hard and what cost?
  2. conanhomer

bleeding the bloody clutch

i hope someone has a trick to make my clutch maintain it's pressure. i am using a Wilwood master and slave. i follow the standard pump and bleed procedure and get good pressure for about 2 days, then lose the clutch again. the cylinders are showing no leakage
  3. conanhomer

fuel sender

i need some advice from the brain trust. what tool do i use to remove the fuel sender? (preferably with tank still in place)
  4. conanhomer

shifter boot

i am looking for a good looking and durable shifter boot for my t5 transmission. i have tried 2 round base ones from Mr Gasket, but the rubber keeps tearing. any suggestions?
  5. conanhomer

led lights

i have a new question for the brain trust. i got an led bulb kit for my 65 series 4- neg ground. it included an led signal flasher. now i have running lights, headlights and brake lights, but no turn signals, and weirdly when i turn on my wipers my dash lights come on, but no wipers unless i...
  6. conanhomer

2.9 valves.

i need to know if there are any clearance issues when you install 2.9 valves into the 2.8, specifically between valve and piston. i am using Jose's cam and stock pistons.
  7. conanhomer

2.8 piston rings

hey Guys: my 2.8 has started to burn oil. i did a wet and dry compression test, which pointed to bad rings. i tore the engine apart, and had no scoring, bad pistons or other problems (i thought). i took it to the machine shop and the machinist pulled one of my compression rings off and bent it...
  8. conanhomer

stuck boot

looking for advice. i loaded 2 boxes in my trunk (boot) and closed it, not realizing that they were too high. now the lid is jammed. any ideas on how to open? thanks
  9. conanhomer

wiper motor

hey Guys, I'm hoping someone out there has a series IV wiper motor available. my wiring Guru fried mine!
  10. conanhomer

throttle linkage

I finally got the engine and tranny installed! now the fun starts. I'm starting to hook everything up, and have been looking at the throttle, so here I am seeking advice (again). I would appreciate any links or pictures or diagrams you guys can send my way. thanks in advance, Mike
  11. conanhomer

1600 cc for sale

i have a 1965 series V 1600cc motor and trans. for sale. engine has about 20,000 since complete rebuild, and tranny was overhauled at the same point. engine has +/- 140 lbs comp. in all cylinders. I will sell cheap to a club member.Mike
  12. conanhomer

distributor fitting

Hey, Guys: I am assembling my 2.8 out of a '77 mustang, and I have run into a snag! the distributor is too wide (diameter) and won't clear the back of the Offenhauser manifold. Is there a different year and model distributor that works better? I would like to stick with the Duraspark if...
  13. conanhomer

offy manifold on ebay

for anyone interested there is an offy 6097 on ebay. one day left! http://www.ebay.ca/itm/151258400721?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649
  14. conanhomer

valve covers

passing on some info to all interested- I have been trying to find chrome valve covers for my 2.8. finally found some at a place called Parts Train! only $38! got them last week- a perfect fit FOR A 428 C.I they insisted that it would fit, ended up accepting a return. I contacted their...
  15. conanhomer

selling engine and trans

I have just started my v6 conversion, and pulled the engine and trans from my '65 series 1V. is there a pace here to list it for sale, or should I just try it on ebay?