• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Alpine 1789

What color should I paint my Tiger?

I have mentioned this car before, but Rocco/Mototron and I jointly own a Tiger that we have been bringing back to life for longer than I care to document. Just to give you an idea of what we started with, here is my favorite "before" photo. Over the years that we have owned it we have had it...
  2. Alpine 1789

2024-26 Board Election

Having received encouragement but no nominations/volunteers from my earlier post about the end of our Board's current term (https://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/board-terms-and-potential-new-officers.32454/), it is time to make it official. To keep it simple, we'll do the same...
  3. Alpine 1789

Massive Parts Stash in Buffalo

I have been contacted by a guy in Buffalo NY who has just taken ownership of a massive stash of Alpine and Tiger parts. "Massive" as in he filled up his Suburban 4 times and still needed a small trailer to get everything. He has engines, transmissions, sheet metal, trim, etc. He isn't a...
  4. Alpine 1789

Board Terms and Potential New Officers

Happy Holidays to all in the SAOCA! The New Year will hopefully bring some changes in this world but, closer to home, it will also bring the current Board’s term to an end. As is the case every second year, it is time to decide if the current Board will continue or if anyone new would like to...
  5. Alpine 1789

Happy Holidays!

Merry (or, as they say in the home country: Happy) Christmas to all our members who celebrate the day! And happy holidays to all!
  6. Alpine 1789

SII on Facebook in FL

A friend sent me this link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/331880742908595/?mibextid=79PoIi It looks like a nice car, but it isn't a GT and "17,226 ORIGINAL MILES" seems a little questionable given the repaint, later engine, and interior modifications. But, "NO RUST" would be nice. :)
  7. Alpine 1789

Not a Sunbeam, but one heck of a nice car

I thought some here would be interested in seeing the 911 built by SAOCA member Mototron for one of his customers. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1981-porsche-911sc-55/ Engine swaps are one of Rocco's specialties (as evidenced by his S2000-powered SV and his Pinto-powered SII race car)...
  8. Alpine 1789

Hurricane Idalia

We have many members in the path of Hurricane Idalia. Is everyone safe? Dry?
  9. Alpine 1789

Good overdrive article

Hagerty just published a good article on the history of the Laycock de Normanville overdrive. I was disappointed not to see Sunbeam mentioned, especially given that Humber is cited as one of the original users of an LdN transmission, but the article is still worth reading. And, thanks to this...
  10. Alpine 1789

Former owner looking for his SIV

This is a long shot, but we received the following inquiry via our Facebook page. It isn't in the registry. Does anyone recognize the VIN?
  11. Alpine 1789

Tiger air freshener

This may be common knowledge among our Ohio contingent, but I have never seen this mentioned here before and I thought it was cool, so... I saw this air freshener in a parking lot today: The text to the left of the cow said "Moo Moo Express Car Wash" and a quick Google search says there are...
  12. Alpine 1789

Just a wild thought

The attached article from Road & Track - "Lamborghini Had a Hilariously Simple Way to Make the Countach's Engine Bigger" - has had me thinking. In theory, one could take an old head, maybe one skimmed past the oval markers, cut off the bottom half inch or so and make a similar spacer for an...
  13. Alpine 1789

SI or II Basket Case/Parts Car in Kentucky

My sister-in-law in Louisville sent me this link. It looks far too gone to be saved, and I'd say the price is about $1000 too high, but there are some parts worth rescuing, if anyone in the area is interested...
  14. Alpine 1789

Again in Indiana!

Got this email: Hello! I wanted to send you an invite to any of your drivers who want to participate in the Boone County 4th of July parade in Lebanon beginning at 1:00 pm. Approximately 10,000 spectators line the roads from Lebanon High School, to downtown Lebanon and back. This year's theme...
  15. Alpine 1789

Busy Summer in Indiana!

Just received this email from the SVRA: Hello, I would like to invite your Car Club to a fun-filled car weekend at Indianapolis Speedway. We will have 300 race cars on the track all weekend and Hagerty hosts a huge car show rite in the middle of all the action. Every entry will get the...
  16. Alpine 1789

Alzheimer's Fundraising Car Show in Indiana

Got this notification in an email. Right in Bill Blue's neighborhood! We are having a car show at a nursing facility to raise money for the Alzheimer's Association. We would love if you and some of your members could come! This is our first one and it would mean so much to the residents and...
  17. Alpine 1789

Reminded of how terrific this forum is!

I am in the midst of remodeling my house and being a mechanic had to take a back seat to being a plumber, electrician and carpenter. Next week I get to be a painter. As a result, my usual habit of checking the forum multiple times a day has (temporarily) changed into just once or twice a week...
  18. Alpine 1789

British Steel II - Event in Sonoma, CA

Got this notice via email yesterday. It sounds nice for those of you in the area. At BCR, we love it when Sunbeams prowl our North Bay rallies. British Steel, our once-a-year, all-British, mostly-vintage, motor car rally, will be returning to Sonoma on Saturday, March 27th. The event's...
  19. Alpine 1789

Automatic Driveway Gate Openers

My main garage is behind my house, with a gate to the driveway - primarily to keep deer out of the yard - that limits its usefulness. I would like to put an electric gate opener on it to make it easier for my wife. The opening is about 13 feet wide with two 6 1/2 foot wood and metal gates...
  20. Alpine 1789

Another potentially interesting car show, this one in Indiana

Just received this notification via my Club email account: Hello, my name is Robert Bowman. We here at Reaper Empire are hosting a Car show/food drive. Helping GOOD SAMARITAN FOOD PANTRY. It's July 22nd at 10am. We are asking if your car club may be interested? Your vehicles seem cool and...