• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Alpine 1789

Lockheed Type 6 Booster Fitment

That was all I used to start but it wasn’t enough, leading to the plumbing strap on the back to provide stability.
  2. Alpine 1789

Dashboard switch installation

I have two of those, one sized for the switches and one for the ignition switch. They look like they're just made out of black pipe and I sure they would be easy to make, but I'm happy to have just bought them. I did weld an old socket on to the back of each of them. allowing me to attach a...
  3. Alpine 1789

Roll-bar plans & specs?

Here is a link to a post about mine from a few years ago. The key part of the post is the fact that I was able to have a custom one made for about the same price as an Autopower one. Of course, that guy did go out of business, but it might be worth seeking out someone similar to get a price...
  4. Alpine 1789

Lockheed Type 6 Booster Fitment

Here are a couple of photos of mine; it isn't pretty (like the car) but I installed it about 20 years ago and have never had a reason to remove/reinstall/try to improve on my work. Hopefully, it will give you some ideas.
  5. Alpine 1789

SAOCA facebook page

I just want to give a big shoutout and public thanks to Steve Rosenblum for the work he has done with our Facebook page! The page has languished over the years since it was first set up but it is suddenly active and alive with pictures and comments. All since Steve volunteered to help moderate...
  6. Alpine 1789

There's no accounting for ______.

But, not a bad deal for just $7.
  7. Alpine 1789

Asked 2X Today

I like this idea and think we should add it to next year's mailing. Thanks! Another good idea. I'll take it up with Greg.
  8. Alpine 1789

Alpine Horn - are we still getting them?

We are and they should be available. Let me check with Greggers and see if the issue is mine or his. Either way, we'll get it sorted as quickly as possible.
  9. Alpine 1789

Rear Frame Rails

Hi Andrew! I can't answer you question, but: Nice to have you back!
  10. Alpine 1789

SAOCA facebook page

That is the plan!
  11. Alpine 1789

SAOCA facebook page

Thanks, Kevin. I think it must relate back to when the page was initially set up. We could probably find a way to change it, but for now it looks like what Ernesto/Steve is doing is having the intended effect. I think it will pick up even more once we start linking to interesting and/or very...
  12. Alpine 1789

SAOCA facebook page

As addicted as I am to my smart phone, I am also increasingly turned off by social media (except, of course, this site, to the extent that people would classify it that way). But, that said, that view isn't shared by everyone and if we can use it to let people know about the many benefits of...
  13. Alpine 1789

SAOCA facebook page

That is a terrific idea. Anyone reading this thread on Facebook regularly? I’d love to have some help on this.
  14. Alpine 1789

SAOCA facebook page

There is no question that this is the best way to communicate with fellow Alpine owners (I looked at many different forums once and, as far as I could tell, we have the most active Sunbeam site in the world) and I consider the various Facebook groups to be a threat to our club. So, we will...
  15. Alpine 1789

SAOCA facebook page

Hmm. This is really interesting. While we have generally just used FB as a way to drive traffic to the forum, I didn't know until now that 'the public' wasn't able to post. That explains why people message us with things that really should be public posts. I just spent some time looking...
  16. Alpine 1789

Alpine Manual Windscreen Washer

That is interesting. It has been a while since I looked at a stock SII, but didn't all Series cars come with basically the same pump in roughly the same place on the lower left side (in LHD cars) of the dashboard? If so, why would dealers have installed foot pumps?
  17. Alpine 1789

What color should I paint my Tiger?

Thanks, guys. Interesting options. We still have some time to consider it, so any further recommendations will be appreciated. I would never have thought about white, but that is something to think about, given all of the work the car has required. As for the interior, it came with a really...
  18. Alpine 1789

What color should I paint my Tiger?

I have mentioned this car before, but Rocco/Mototron and I jointly own a Tiger that we have been bringing back to life for longer than I care to document. Just to give you an idea of what we started with, here is my favorite "before" photo. Over the years that we have owned it we have had it...
  19. Alpine 1789

2024-26 Board Election

So, after 2 weeks the vote stands at 14 in favor of the Board continuing and 0 against. I'd like to see greater participation in the election - and will leave the poll open for a few more days just in case anyone else wants to register their opinion - but it looks like the current Board will be...