• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Barry

Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get.

As Forest Gump's mother said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get.” The good news is that Emily and I finally moved from Conyers, GA (east-metro Atlanta) to Fitzpatrick, AL (out in the boonies about 5 miles South of Shorter, AL) to be close to her...
  2. Barry

Series IV / V Rear Shock Absorber Length

Does anyone have a factory original rear telescopic shock from a Series IV / V that can be fully compressed / extended and measured? Looking for the compressed / extended distances between the center of the lower "eye mount" and the middle of the upper "biscuit mount". Thanks!
  3. Barry

Residential VoIP Phone Service

Has anyone used a residential VoIP phone service that you would recommend? I had very good results with RingCentral for my business lines before I retired, but they don't really have a residential package. We had AT&T Plain Old Telephone Service (aka, POTS or twisted copper pair) for our home...
  4. Barry

Veteran's Day

To everyone who has signed the contract and taken the oath, THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!
  5. Barry

Alpine in The Great Race

While watching the 2018 edition of "The Great Race" (a 2,700 mile Time-Speed-Distance rally from Buffalo, NY to Halifax, NS over nine days) which aired on MAVTV, I noticed a 3/IV/V Alpine in a couple of the scenes. Red with a black center stripe, black soft top and a hood scoop. Anybody we know?
  6. Barry

A Nice Day at Last

67 degrees and sunshine in Atlanta today! Nicest day we have had in a couple of months. Got in a 10 mile bicycle ride which was long overdue. Back to more heavy rain tomorrow; but better than snow or ice!
  7. Barry

Private Messages Function Not Working

As noted by 65Beam in the Stock Alpine sub-forum, the Private Message function is not working. You can address, compose and even preview a PM, but there does not seem to be a SEND button.
  8. Barry

A solution in search of a problem

For those who are interested. .
  9. Barry

Alpine Front Crossmember Drawing

Does anyone have a drawing for the S-3/IV/V front crossmember? The WSM 124 / 145 manuals have pretty good drawings for the various chassis dimensions, but nothing for the front crossmember. I am particularly interested in the spacing of the four bolts that attach the front crossmember to...
  10. Barry

Crazy Januany Weather

75 degrees in Atlanta today! Got in a nice bicycle ride (3 out of the last 4 days) and worked up a sweat in shorts and short sleeves. Apologies to those of you having winter.
  11. Barry

Another Darkside

The darkside is not limited to Alpines. http://www.mgexperience.net/phorum/read.php?40,1302586
  12. Barry

Tire Size, Gearing, Speed & RPM Calculator

The attached Excel spreadsheet allows quick "what if" calculations for tire size, gearing, speed and RPM for Alpine conversions using a 5-speed transmission. Any of the data INPUT cells (highlighted in "tan") can be changed and the OUTPUT values will automatically recalculate (all of the other...
  13. Barry

Gearing, Tire Size, Speed & RPM Spreadsheet

This thread has been superseded; please go here: http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12208 I have requested that this thread be deleted.
  14. Barry

GM 60 Degree V6 Engine in an Alpine

It is time to clear up some misconceptions regarding installation of a GM 60 degree V6 (GM60V6) in an Alpine. The GM60V6 engine has several advantages as compared to the Ford 2.8 V6: 1. It is still in production and both OEM and aftermarket parts are readily available. 2. It is...
  15. Barry

Online Security Recommendations

I thought it might be useful to put all this general information in one pile for those who are interested. Remember that this is simply my opinion; like free software, it may not be worth anything and you need to do the research and make your own decisions. If you have questions, I will try to...