• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. jumpinjan

THE HOLY GRAIL SUNBEAM TIGER!! (Dennis Collins)

Very Interesting. Jan
  2. jumpinjan

Heater Control Valve Repair

I started on making a new valve last week, and I got it together this afternoon. I used SolidWorks to help me visualize the parts to make. Using O-rings is the way to go. The housing is made from brass tubing & brass bar and silver-soldered together. (Please don't ask me to sell one, I...
  3. jumpinjan

Tiger at the Dayton Concours d'Elegance at Carillon Park

I couldn't make the TE-AE get together because I was committed to compete with my Tiger at the Dayton concours event on Sunday 9-17-2023. Jan
  4. jumpinjan

Dayton British Car Show (Aug 5 2023)

Maybe a dozen or more Sunbeams arrived at the Dayton British Car Show on Saturday, Aug 5 2023. I drove my Mk-II Tiger that I finished restoring in 2021. Jan
  5. jumpinjan

Movie - The New Sunbeam Alpine

Jan
  6. jumpinjan

What Jay Leno said

Leno: Appreciation for hard work is fading, and old cars aren’t easy https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/leno-appreciation-for-hard-work-is-fading-and-old-cars-arent-easy/?fbclid=IwAR0gn2TiGQP-TDVR1CsmD44ocoKUPMPdVdPZzgqFswsvpNtN4tZzFuad47w
  7. jumpinjan

Aluminum Radiator For Sunbeam Alpine Series V (EBAY)

Any of you have any comments or recommendations on these aluminum radiators. The price is right, and I think cheaper than recoring the factory radiator! (I'm thinking of trying one) https://www.ebay.com/itm/274544839717?fits=Make%3ASunbeam&hash=item3fec25cc25:g:KuEAAOSw765fkkxI jan
  8. jumpinjan

Looking for ANCO 20-11 wiper refills (11")

These 11" ANCO wiper blades are what I have on the Tiger and I need new rubber blades. Either new refills or even just the rubber blade material that I can cut and install. I'm going to call Rick and ask what brand he sells. Also, I see blades in the Moss catalogs. Jan
  9. jumpinjan

Harrington Seat frames....finished today!

I have been working on making some Harrington Seat frames. Finished today! They will be upholstered later this year by myself.
  10. jumpinjan

Alpine Mobility Frame to use in restorations.

I built this mobility frame over 22 years ago now, and I have used it in about 5-6 Alpine restorations over that time. I don't need it anymore and I thought someone might be interested in it for their restorations. This would be a pickup at my shop located in Kettering (Dayton) Ohio. Jan 937...
  11. jumpinjan

Car Restorers, Threatened with Jailtime, Get Help From SEMA and Barrett-Jackson

https://www.newsweek.com/car-restorers-threatened-jailtime-get-help-sema-barrett-jackson-1689477 Jan
  12. jumpinjan

15 ohm shunt resistor across the charge indicator bulb

This shunt resistor has given me problems. Nowhere could I found the resistor value in any Tiger documents until I found it on a Mustang forum where a schematic was posted. But, it was too late. I thought to use an ignition ballast resistor (1.5 ohms) and using it blew my new solid state...
  13. jumpinjan

Trouble shooting the Autolite alternator & regulator, by Ford Service

I'm having trouble with my charging system and I friend sent me to these links. These are the 1966 Ford Handbook courses given to Ford dealer service personnel. For their training on those cars. http://www.mustangtek.com/Library6/ServiceHandbook10000-2-vol66.html...
  14. jumpinjan

Mk-II side stripe,vinyl tape? Any availability?

Well, I'm not using black electrical tape...LoL! I'm sure there's none available, and I suppose I'll have a sign shop make them. Any comments? Jan
  15. jumpinjan

Tiger pulleys need alignment

I have the water pump & crank pulleys alignment off by 1/4". From the looks of this, I can make a 1/4" aluminum plate spacer and bring out the crank pulley. (I'm using Rick's aluminum water pump and the original Tiger pulleys (Mk-II). The crank balancer is a new part. Some say to use the iron...
  16. jumpinjan

Push-on oil filler cap on valve cover

Where can I find a replacement oil filler cap (that is the push-in/push-on style) that pushes-on a tube on the factory valve cover? Jan
  17. jumpinjan

Windscreens for SI-II (Pilkington windscreens)

I just ordered two windscreens for about $360 each and pickup is at the Pilkington warehouse in Columbus OH. I checked about the SV & Tiger windscreens and no joy...unless they get an order for 50each!! Jan
  18. jumpinjan

High Zinc Engine Break-In Oil, Lucas

This looks very interesting to me and something new too. Anyone have any comments on using this Lucas break-in oil? https://lucasoil.com/products/engine-builder-lubricants/high-zinc-engine-break-in-oil Jan (Where is Bob Webb when you need him?)
  19. jumpinjan

Mk-II, 289 6-bolt, clutch fork needed

I see what looks like two types of clutch forks: An early 289 Mustang fork that uses a wire clip to hold it to the pivot, and a '68 & later ('68-'72) that uses a sheet metal tongue that slides into a square hole in the pivot. Each style fork requires it's own proper pivot. I assume the 6-bolt...