• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

Series II cantrail photos

Could anyone who has cantrails for a Series II provide some photos and if possible, rough overall dimensions? I would like to fabricate a set but have been unable to find a photo. Thanks
  2. M

Bell Housing Modification

I have a T5 transmission with the shortened bearing retainer and I turned down the input shaft to .590. The bell housing is from a Mustang II. The bearing retainer pilot outside diameter is larger than the bore of the bell housing. I can easily machine it to fit, I just was not sure if this was...
  3. M

Jose Instruction Manual

I am trying to assemble the T5 to my V-6 with Jose's kit. Does Jose have an instruction manual for his conversion? Not sure what is required to connect this tranny, pilot bearing requirements, etc. Thanks - Mercury
  4. M

Throw Out Bearing ?

I read in the conversion article that Jose recommends a McLeoud hydraulic unit when using the T5. I am putting mine together right now. My engine is stock other than the Offenhauser intake and 390 CFM Holley. Will a slave cylinder unit work or isn't there room? I wasn't sure why the Mcleod unit...
  5. M

Need a V6 for my conversion

My first post - I have a 61 Alpine that will be receiving a V6. I am looking to purchase a Mustang II if possible or another donor car or pick-up that can be used. I ordered a kit from Jose and am currently preparing body for new paint. I am located in the Minneapolis area. Anyone aware of an...