• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. G

Carb Oil Usage

Guys, I am trying to figure out if I have an issue or not. It seems that after driving at highway speeds for a few hundred miles the carbs are low on oil and it starts to run rough. When I top them off it settles down again. I have put on about 1300 miles so far in the last few months and...
  2. G

Splined Hubs for wire wheels

Guys, Are the spline hubs the same size for every series or did they change at some point? Thanks, Greg D.
  3. G

Carburetors

Mates, Upon starting the car the rear carb began pouring out petrol. It is coming from behind the flange that the air filter bolts to. There is a hole next to the threaded hole with a plug in and that is the culprit. After popping this plug from an old carb I noticed a hole in the body...
  4. G

Bumper brackets

Can anyone explain how to differentiate between the left and right front and rear bumper brackets by looking at them? Mine are old and rusty and were not on the car when I got it. I understand if they are reversed the ends of the bumper will be pointing down but I'd rather not do it twice...
  5. G

temp sending unit

My sending unit tested bad on the SV so I ordered a new one from SS. The new one is a 5/8"-18 thread, of which I had an old one the same size in the pile of stuff I got with the car. The bad one that was in the housing is either an 11/16 or 3/4-18 size. Rick says all of the Alpine units are...
  6. G

Unknown Part

Guys, When I got my SV it was completely apart. I am in the process of reassembling the steering column. The column was all apart also except for this ring which was hanging on the column against the dash. It does not show up in the parts manual or anywhere else I have looked and it does not...
  7. G

coil resistor

Guys, I am confused. I have started wiring my SV and the wiring diagram only shows 2 wires to the coil. However, the pics I see show a resistor wired in. Some even show what looks like a condensor bolted to the body and tied to the + side of the coil. Is this in addition to the one in the...
  8. G

transmission oil seal

Fellows, I am new to the Alpine world and am in the process of redoing my first car. Getting ready to pull the motor. When I took the driveshaft out and jacked the front of the car up oil ran out the tail of the tranny. I'm going to assume this is not good. Is there a seal in the back of...
  9. G

Torque specs

Hi Guys, Does anyone know what the torque specs are on the rocker shaft standards and valve cover? The Rootes WSM only shows 4 torque specs for the whole engine. For that matter is there a better manaul around or does everything just get tightened until no more. Thanks. Greg D.
  10. G

soft top boot cover

Hi all, Is there a source for the zippers used on the soft top boot cover? I have a perfectly good original cover but the zippers are broken. Thanks for any help. Greg D. SV
  11. G

steering box o-ring

Hi guys, My steering box was leaking so I ordered an o-ring for it. My question is that after I pulled the swing arm off to replace it I noticed that the shop manual shows a washer between the arm and the o-ring. There is none on mine (or an o-ring for that matter) I don't think this...
  12. G

British car shows

Hi folks, I am new to the Sunbeam ownership scene and was wondering if there are any shows in the Maryland tri-state area. I have a 67 V that I am starting on and would love to be able to see one in person to help me out. From what I can see this club is very close and I am glad to be a part...