• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Warren

Diff oil

All that said the Lucas oil is what I've used.
  2. Warren

Diff oil

I put a shiny brass key in the GL5 oil. I left it in there for over a year, and it looked like the day I put it in. Don't miss the "Oil Expert." He's busy trolling MK on another forum. But I hate to "" him but he espoused that they put additives in the GL5 to not hurt yellow metals.
  3. Warren

Diff oil

Tigers don't have a hole on the passenger side. There's a removable plate on the driver's side for adjustment of shift linkage. I suspect that I'll try a longer tube and a higher gravity feed. It took a couple of pumps to get to this stage. I talked to a fellow Tiger owner and he in person...
  4. Warren

Diff oil

While on the subject... Every pump I have bought is a pile of crap. I finally put a long tube through the boot vent hole into the rear end. With no lift and not much patience it's less on the floor and les crap in the eye balls... But the transmission is another challenge, as there's no...
  5. Warren

Gas Tank Repair/Sealant

There's more information on forums then you can shake a gas tank at If I had a dollar for every posting going back to the small CT 90 yahoo group email list .... The topic is hurt by what is now compliant with state and local laws. I got a can of 10 year old POR 15 . IDK if the new formula is...
  6. Warren

British Car Club of Central Florida - All-British Car Show, April 6th

That's the only set or repop LAT pie wheels I've seen on a car. If you zoom in the pie spokes aren't curved where they meet the circumstance of the wheel.
  7. Warren

Gas Tank Repair/Sealant

Maybe we can still buy MEK in Las Vegas for a stripper, paint not a dancer named Mek
  8. Warren

Rootes Refurbed Radio

There's quite often a Bendix Sapphire I that was as common as the VW beetle. The same radio and most importantly knobs. In 67.5 they went to flat FMVSS flat rubber knobs . I have a lonely bracket that needs a home.
  9. Warren

Roll-bar plans & specs?

Down to the floor means a forward facing passenger side strut . That strut impedes significantly with the passenger side. If you've seen the Tiger trip video like Forest Brooks the loveable drink from the Johnny Carson show, but all more than our OP asked for here ;) I'd like a single hoop...
  10. Warren

Roll-bar plans & specs?

Apparently the show bars get you in to track events. As the OP said it's looks and a place to hang a shoulder harness. CAT allegedly did sell a Autopower copy but I've not seen one that was marked to indicate that. The Autopower has a part number on it. There is a Cobra single hoop and a...
  11. Warren

Heater Valve

I have 2 or 3 of the later valves that show nicely. If someone has cut them apart it'd be nice to know if it's rubber or other failing seals inside.
  12. Warren

Hardtop color?

A Tiger owner had a glass shop in North Hollywood/Burbank. He did movie car screens with special lens apertures. I have tried to get the mold from the new owner but struck out. As for the hard top Steve A. said that the paint on the gutter trim makes it harder to get it back on. But at some...
  13. Warren

Hardtop color?

It's resale black on my car, Or has it been put that way. One day when I decide to drive in those 50% rainy days I may put one on . But I cheat and have a black car. White is best for visibility and surprising not to see the mini style checkered flag on some. I worked with my upholstery guy to...
  14. Warren

Lots of bits

That sounds fine ok Puff4. Robert S. is the guy in Canada who is has work in Asia that involves the spun small diameter fan pulleys etc . There also a good pull wanna do that too? I'll fetch stuff to Woodley Park soon. I also have the inventory of Lucas L654 tail light lenses and 5 or 6...
  15. Warren

Lots of bits

Here's a few more parts . The hard to find small buttons for the hard top clamps are available either for sale or free to a person that will reproduce them. If I had a little lathe and no other distractions they'd be on my list ... The side windows are available too. The plastic isn't useable...
  16. Warren

Side to side wheel base

I had a Tiger that was close to 3/4 off on the 86 " wheelbase. As fate would have it that was the side that didn't have an SV front corner. I put 2 different front suspensions on the car and had the nearly same result. I do know that guys have elongated the mount holes in the cross member to...
  17. Warren

S-III windshield chrome trim

That's because all stainless steel is not created equally. Put most in a Marine environment and you'll see. It's amazing though that hard tops rust away leaving the trim. So it is likely a different vendor used in production. Look at the typical Chinese BBQ...
  18. Warren

Azure blue series IV GT

I would be a little more harsh on the bean counters. Although with the marked spots in old parking lots blue carpet was at risk at every stop in normal life's errands....
  19. Warren

Lots of bits

Craigslist has a requirement for a price. Don't be like the guy that asked for one of Eric's Delrin steering wheel hubs for 25 dollars at Woodley Park because it was near the auto. jumble. I took 50 of the retail price on that item . If this response is a commentary on should prices be...
  20. Warren

Lots of bits

Several jacks pictured blanking plates and a plethora of not pictured items. Tiger NOS balast resistor. 3 of the Dzus fasteners for the boot false floor Dash screws Auto bolts replated and many others. A few seat adjustable bases. Center bullet for grille. Don't be shy ask ... If you send a...