• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. P

Ford 2.8 beehive valve springs - 4.6 2v

I'm looking at the dimensions and specs for beehive valve springs. Comp Cams has springs with 93 lbs at 1.570" and 198 lbs at 1.020". Bottom ID is .738". 26113-16 Seems like a quick and cheap hack to fit these to a 2.8. And they have titanium retainers if you can afford the price - $15...
  2. P

Series II 1962 Bend, OR

No affiliation. A sweet looking red Series II, less engine, in Bend, Oregon. https://bend.craigslist.org/cto/6200807490.html Is that pull-type dashboard control marked 'LOCK' for an overdrive? Check out the condition of the hardtop.
  3. P

1966 Alpine rolling chassis

Sold 3/11/2017 Sale pending. 3/9/2017 Rolling chassis. No engine or transmission. No modifications. Tuxedo black. No rust-out. No nasty surprises. Located in the Vancouver, WA area. $3500 Pictures soon. Paul
  4. P

HTML markup language and posting

Is there a way to use markup language to create a table in these posts? I've tried a variety of techniques but haven't found a way yet. Example; <table><tr><td>one</td><td>two</td></tr><tr><td> 1 </td><td> 2 </td></tr></table> I've tried changing to square brackets; 0.98 190 CFM...
  5. P

Alloy bling for the 2.8 engine

Some photos of vapor-blasted intakes for the 2.8 in my SIV. More examples of work done by RestoCycle. This is an intake from a truck with the EGR port welded shut. Offy intake before vapor-blasting. Offy intake after vapor-blasting. Shiny! The vapor-blasting peens the...
  6. P

SV side windows, back HT window, windshield trim

I just picked up a rolling chassis of a SV. It is missing its side windows, everything. If the parts you want to sell me are pitted, please tell me beforehand. It is also missing the back glass of the hardtop and the trim. I also need the stainless trim at the bottom of the windshield.
  7. P

Nice looking V6/4sp conversion

For sale at a Seattle dealership. http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/5412152197.html https://youtu.be/pTlee_hs-oI Forest green, 2.6L with 4sp. $14k
  8. P

Vague thread titles

I have a peeve about vague thread titles, especially in the technical section of this forum. Examples; "Can it handle it?" and "Aaarrgghh this car!" :mad: Both authors of these threads could have spent a few moments to compose a thread title that succinctly states the topic to be discussed...
  9. P

Brake rotor warping - Cryo treatment?

I wasn't sure which forum to post this to, so I"m posting it here. I have a 2014 F150 with 15,000 miles. The brake rotors are warped. I think I know when and how it happened, but it's enough to say that it was under normal operating conditions; a normal load in the truck, driving on the...
  10. P

@ Jim Nichols (others ok, too)

Jim, I took the V6 modifications discussion here because it started to sound like a conversation between you and I and I didn't want to clutter the 'Modified' forum with chatter. As you might recall, I have a Bronco II 2.8 long block and I have a 4.0 crankshaft. I've started the search for a...
  11. P

Prices for Sunbeams

I've been watching the prices of Sunbeams as they come up for sale here in the Pacific Northwest. Complete, driver Sunbeams are selling for prices starting at $5,000, which seems fair. Nice ones are selling for up to 10k. There's a very nice Tiger for sale for 35k. Then there's the rusted...
  12. P

SIV lower A-arm and fulcrum pin - passenger side

I need a lower A-arm and the fulcrum pin for the passenger side of my SIV.
  13. P

Monte Carlo bar

I tried a quick search on the forums but didn't find anything about this in my first pass. Early Mustangs were sometimes fitted with 'Monte Carlo bars' that braced the tops of the shock towers to each other. I have also seen this with the later MGBs. I was looking at posts about suspension...
  14. P

SIV engine bits for sale - intake manifold

I got a SIV in baskets. One of the baskets has a bunch of SIV small parts. Distributors, Lockheed master and slave cylinders. Girling master cylinder. Clutch disk. Fuel pumps with glass bowls. Engine and transmission mounting brackets and a triangular bowl-shaped cover. I have a mail account...
  15. P

Hubs needed

I need to locate front hubs for my Alpine. Four bolt hubs.
  16. P

Front cover and oil pan installation

I am doing the assembly of the oil pump, oil pan and related. I have encountered numerous issues during the installation and I am bringing them up for discussion.The issues include; - oil pump to block gasket did not fit - timing chain sheet metal cover installation - front cover...
  17. P

Window glass needed

I have a 65 SIV and I need the window glass and probably need some of the window mechanism, too. Quick question for the crowd; will the windows from a SIII work? Seems similar.
  18. P

Chrome bumpers

I have one bumper and it needs to be re-chromed. I live in the Portland area (Vancouver, WA). I have checked out the local chrome shops and there are complaints about all the ones I've found. Can anybody recommend a place to get my bumper fixed? I found a thread that recommend...
  19. P

Metric or SAE bolts

My Sunbeam was a literal basket case. I really did get the car with baskets of parts. I am trying to fit the radiator to the support and I don't want to jam a SAE bolt into metric threads if I can avoid it (or visa versa). What bolt is used to mount the radiator to the support? I had asked...
  20. P

V6 crossmember fitment

Hi guys. I bought the Jose kit and now I'm trying to fit the crossmember. I have a 65 SIV. Jose will be calling me at about 4:00, but in the meantime - my crossmember mounting pads have an angle on them that does not match up to crossmember supplied. Bend the mount plates on the crossmember...