• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

Series V oil cooler

I have one that is very dirty. It may be salvageable. It has hoses attached. I could send a pic tomorrow.
  2. S

Series 5 Seat(s)

I have 2 SV seat frames. Raccoons have de-apolstered but the frames would be just what you're looking for.
  3. S

Series I front windshield

Maybe I'm too late. I have a complete windscreen frame and all in MI.
  4. S

Body parts wanted

I haven't been on the site I a while. Are you still looking for a body replacement or parts? I have a S IV I bought for parts. It's a rolling shell. A previous owner did a lot of repair. It is mostly welded steel and appears to have very little filler. No engine,transmission, drivers door...
  5. S

Hardtop value?

I have an SIV hard top that is probably typical condition for a Michigan top. Windows are intact but fogged. Most of the rubber is hard. The rear window stainless trim is missing. It has a good headliner. There is rust inside under the rear window but no rust through on the exterior. It could be...
  6. S

Top down in October.

Temps on saturday here in northern MI were near 60 and it was clear and sunny. We took the last drive of the year with the top down. Cruised Pentwater and the Lake Michigan shoreline. Probably 15 miles total. I did have to put a jacket on half way through. Parked in the sun and put the top...
  7. S

Amazing saw-stop

Tell me how it turned out. I couldn't watch.
  8. S

2.8 Bolt-on 2bbl Carb Options?

I was reading the Ranger Bronco II forum. They have articles about TBI fuel injection using a 3.8 throttle body which flow 350 cfm and a 2.9 harness. It looks really interesting to me. Has anybody tried this?
  9. S

soft top stowage (hood)

Jose got me leaning to the dark side last year. When I 1st bought the car and joined SAOCA. I have an old 289 I wanted to put in the alpine and 1 email from Jose got me in the 2.8 camp, or the "Dark Side".
  10. S

soft top stowage (hood)

The foot is slowing me down on all my projects but the SV came w/ 2 sunbeam 1592 engines and trannys and 2, 2.8's and a T5 and Jose conversion kit so I'm pretty excited about getting that car built.
  11. S

soft top stowage (hood)

I got a top for my SIV. Bought the car last year w/o top. The used top I installed came with an unassembled SV my understanding wife consented to buying. I'm not sure it was ever on the car I bought. It was assembled with the webbing and bows and fit fairly well, even the holes across the...
  12. S

Junk yard find

Thanks. This one at 1 time was white but in 50 years it could have been alot of different colors. I'll get some pictures posted. It has Sunbeam on the front of the valve cover and the oil filller toward the front instead of the back. I've seen comments on this little oddity before.
  13. S

Junk yard find

I just rescued an SII out of a junkyard. It's fairly complete, really rusty and in rough condition. I'm thinking parts car. I plan to get it in the barn tonight and look it over to see what might be for sale. The # is B9109199 OD LRX 5B. Can anybody help me out ID ing it?
  14. S

Exhaust fumes in car

Oops. I meant the boot. Thanks. There is a restored white Tiger on line with many pictures of the restoration process. There are good views from numerous angles.
  15. S

Exhaust fumes in car

I have the exhaust extended probably 2+ inches passed the bumper. The fumes don't seem as bad but still noticeable. The PO patched the trunk but it's not correct. He laid a panel on top of the frame rails so it meets the back panel too high and can't be closed around the area the gas tank...
  16. S

Newbie Darksider

I been thinking about the 2.8 swap since V6 Jose suggested it to me in another thread. Since I'm new, what's the definiton of "dark Sider"?
  17. S

Exhaust fumes in car

As far as energy , like I said I'm 10 years older than the car. I'm thinking about retirement so that probably answers the money question. I'll let you know if the trunk and or tail pipe solves the exhaust problem. Thanks.
  18. S

Exhaust fumes in car

Thanks, I'll try that. I don't suppose a guy named V6 would have advice about putting a 289 in. I've had this 289 in the barn for years and looking for something to put it in lead me to Sunbeams.
  19. S

Exhaust fumes in car

I bought a 1964 SIV in July. 1592, 4 speed and I think it's got a Pinto carb from what I can figure out. It's a driver that needs everything. Most of the wiring was gone along with the dash, front turn signals, trim, grill, you name it, it's missing. But still a driver. I'm 10 years older...