• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. J

S2 nice pair of doors needed

I am in need of a nice pair of series 2 doors for my Harrington LeMans project. I have cash or parts to trade. Thanks for your interest. Jeff 78l 829 O55O
  2. J

66 S5 project $1800

Here is a fairly complete later S5 originally #106 commadore blue engine is stuck from sitting. Will need an interior, hydraulics and some body work. $1800 located in Hanover Ma. I do have a title, formerly Ian Spencers car.
  3. J

2024 Calendar

No mention of a calendar, what's up? Jeff
  4. J

63 S3 GT for sale

My 63 S3 with 25 miles since completion. $15,000
  5. J

Top latch wedges

I'm in need of 4 wedges that are used to adjust the top latches. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jeff
  6. J

Soft top toggle wedges

Do any of you guys and gals have a source for the soft top wedges that go between the toggle (clamp) and the header rail? I put a top on for a gent that had some in an envelope marked with some letters like MRVT or something like that from FL. Can't seem to find any info for any sources. Any...
  7. J

Early Series shifter for sale

Here is an early shifter out of a series 3 ( non synchro 1st ) with some pitting on the chrome, but looks decent in the car. $10. plus shipping. call 78l 829 O55O m-s 8-6 EDT.
  8. J

Alpine BW 35 Shifter for sale

Here is a nice shifter assembly for a stock automatic Alpine. Chrome is perfect, comes with what you see, no linkages. $40. plus shipping. Call me @ 78l 829 O55O.
  9. J

Zenith carb rebuild kits wanted

Any of you guys have a couple rebuild kits for Zeniths lying around that you'd be willing to part with? I need 2 kits if you got'em I could use them. Thanks, Jeff
  10. J

S3 GT interior photos needed

Good afternoon gentlemen, I have just acquired a 63 (9202310) GT Alpine that has very little interior. The rear seat upper pads are there ,but nothing of the lower trim panels. It has one original seat and for some reason, a black dash that looks as though its been there for a long time. Any...
  11. J

Original SV hubcaps needed 2 or 4

I need 2 or 4 original hubcaps in undamaged condition. Your price or I have many parts to trade. Thanks, Jeff
  12. J

British Car Day in Brookline Mass July 11

Sunday morning at Larz Anderson Museum
  13. J

Pictures of an original Tiger Black Dashboard

Would any of you fine fellows have a black dash (early) Tiger that I might get a look at the configuration of ??? I have what I believe is the original dash but the configuration of switches and indicator lights is different than I've seen before. It would be very helpful to see the real...
  14. J

Donation Time

Seems to me there are a good number of people milking the knowledge base of SAOCA who continue to not contribute to the club. For whatever their reasons for this behavior, I personally have stopped responding to these folks. Call me what you will but, Come on folks if you're benefiting from the...
  15. J

ARE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE GENERATORS WIRED DIFFERENTLY?

I sent out my S2 generator and had it rebuilt last year not even mentioning polarity. It came back all pretty, but does not seem to be producing juice. I have the car wired negative earth and polarized the VR as neg. but with the car running I tested the output blade on the generator and get...
  16. J

type of hubcaps for S11

Ok kids, which type of hubcaps and trim rings came stock on a series 2? VIN# 9116436 built 6/14/62. Thanks, Jeff
  17. J

S2 license plate bracket top fastener

I have an original license plate bracket that has the 2 lower hinges that to fold down to use the starter crank. When I got the car the top mount was held on with a wing nut. When it came back from the body shop what ever was there was gone and now there is just a small hole (about half an...
  18. J

Inside grille paint on S2

Anyone have an original early series car that could explain to me how it's painted, or a picture would be very helpful of the core support behind the grille, also inside the vent holes in the front valance. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jeff
  19. J

KB grind camshafts

I'm putting together an engine for a S2 and would like to add a little zip, I have tried to access the forums but keep getting told cam is only 3 letters and it won't do my search. So my question is who has these cams for sale and do they require special lifters or rocker arms. This is a 1592...
  20. J

seat foam for early series

I'm in the process of redoing the seats in one of my early alpines and have been trying to find a seat foam that is acceptable for this application. I went to a boat cushion place and was informed that it is not as compact a foam as automobile seats use. I took a couple rear seat cushions out of...