• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. J

Soft top from a S-4 or 5 and Installing on a Series 3 - WON'T FIT

I found 1. See how it comes out.
  2. J

Yes the pivots are bent and will require straightening. One of the ways to stand the windshield up is to trim the front edge of the dash pad under the body to frame gasket. It may be 1/32" but multiply that by 12" to the top of the windshield. Also the adjuster nuts as mentioned replace the...
  3. J

Did you grind the padding off the bottom of the dash pad where it goes under the windshield frame? As Michael said, the frame is bent quite a bit. Kinda frustrating, but not insurmountable, you'll get it.
  4. J

S-III windshield chrome trim

It's magnetic or non-magnetic that will tell you the quality quickly. Just sayin....
  5. J

S2 nice pair of doors needed

I am in need of a nice pair of series 2 doors for my Harrington LeMans project. I have cash or parts to trade. Thanks for your interest. Jeff 78l 829 O55O
  6. J

Lift The Dot, Stud, 10/32

Maybe alert one of our US suppliers, so they can sell us the correct part for this application. Just a random thought....
  7. J

SIII GT or SV Wanted

I have 2 Slll GTs for sale. One all done in bronze w/black interior, less than 50mi on the restoration.(see it on pg 3 of Alpine cars and parts for sale on this site.) The other one is in primer that needs an interior. Good engine but does need completion,( front end ).
  8. J

66 S5 project $1800

Here is a fairly complete later S5 originally #106 commadore blue engine is stuck from sitting. Will need an interior, hydraulics and some body work. $1800 located in Hanover Ma. I do have a title, formerly Ian Spencers car.
  9. J

Brakes

On the inside of the backing plate at the top you will see a 7/16" square bolt sticking out. that is your adjuster, by tightening it you will spread the shoes towards the drum. Always turn by hand after. adjusting to insure minimal drag.
  10. J

Sunbeam Alpine: Changing the Gearbox and Overdrive Oil

I just did 1 today. You only get about a cup of oil out of the OD drain. I had to use a turbo socket with an air gun to get the OD drain plug out. It takes 5.4 US pints.
  11. J

Replacement of driver's side window

Steve Shuttleton "sunalp" on this forum is your man.
  12. J

Looking for a boot Luggage Rack.

I have 2 or 3 different ones kicking around. I will be home tomorrow and have alook, i ll let you know what turns up. Jeff
  13. J

Correct wheel trim

I'm not an authority by any means, but I'm fairly sure the MK1As had the straight slot wheel trim rings.
  14. J

What color should I paint my Tiger?

The tag says 86, that's where I would go. Then again, "If it ain't right paint it white", maybe with a blue interior?
  15. J

HLM on Marketplace

Obviously. a VIN swap, I don't know why nobody has looked at the block #s on that HLM?
  16. J

HLM on Marketplace

I posted on FB to Ryan to have him look at the block #s and please post them so maybe we get a clue as to which HLM it is.
  17. J

HLM on Marketplace

I saw this last week, he also has a Tiger listed.
  18. J

Dash rebuild question

The dash regulator needs to be grounded and should read 10v, the switches are available from Sunbeam Specialties. Hope this helps. Jeff
  19. J

2024 Calendar

You guys always do a spectacular job of it each year and we all appreciate your time and dedication to the Club. Thank You' Jeff the Junkman