• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 1

glass seal installation

Gentlemen: I recently replaced my convertible top, and bought new rubber window seals, (from SS) to go (slide?) in the channels that go along (1) up the back and across the top of the roll-down windows on the convertible top frame, and (2) between the front of the convertible top frame and the...
  2. 1

Series V block coolant drain valve

Hey guys, I bought a replacement coolant drain valve - the one that is under the alternator, and drains the block, but the threads are the wrong pitch. The threads on the car are finer than those on the new valve. I bought it from either SS or VB six or more months ago and just got around to...
  3. 1

Machine Shop Baltimore / DC region

Looking for a recommendation for a Machine Shop in the Baltimore / DC region to work on the head from a Series V. I am posting this in the "factory original" and "modified" forums as well. If cross-posting is a no-no around here. somebody please tell me. If it is, I apologize in advance...
  4. 1

vinegar in the cooling system

Anyone here ever tried filling the cooling system with vinegar to break up some of the corrosion? I have read about the method elsewhere. Basically, some folks drain the system, fill it with vinegar, run it a little (day or two) then drain the system, re-fill it/flush it with distilled water...
  5. 1

Hello - I'm new here

Hello everyone. I have been lurking here for a month or so. I just got a SV - free from a friend who bought it from the original owner about 10 years ago. The car is pretty original - but the orig owner did lot's of maintenance to the car over the course of years. All documented - which is...