• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 1

Parting out a S5 Alpine in South Carolina

Do you have a front drivers side (LH) marker light/turn signal assembly?
  2. 1

64-67 Alipine parts for sale

Looking for front turn signal / marker light from Series V
  3. 1

glass seal installation

Gentlemen: I recently replaced my convertible top, and bought new rubber window seals, (from SS) to go (slide?) in the channels that go along (1) up the back and across the top of the roll-down windows on the convertible top frame, and (2) between the front of the convertible top frame and the...
  4. 1

Engine Rebuild advice - machine shop

Walt at Charlie's machine shop in glen burnie. Go see him and decide for your self but I was impressed with his work on my head. Shop is in his backyard. No longer has employees. Been doing it for decades. Near bwi- if you want more info contact me.
  5. 1

Series V block coolant drain valve

EDIT: Nevermind. I got her figured out. Yes, valve to pipe connection. And after going to NAPA and getting a valve from them, the pitch of the threads is the same as the ones I already have. After looking much more closely, and matching them up next to each other, the threads of all three...
  6. 1

Series V block coolant drain valve

Hey guys, I bought a replacement coolant drain valve - the one that is under the alternator, and drains the block, but the threads are the wrong pitch. The threads on the car are finer than those on the new valve. I bought it from either SS or VB six or more months ago and just got around to...
  7. 1

steering box

For those of you playing at home http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ackermann_steering_geometry
  8. 1

1725 backfire (and other fun)

The fact that it is both backfiring and exhibiting problems under load, would lead me to believe that those two problems are ignition related. So, I think it sounds like you are on the right track to eliminate that side first.
  9. 1

Machine Shop Baltimore / DC region

Update. Purchased a used head from a member of this board. Waiting for machinist. Starting cleaning parts today from head removal. Used an ultrasonic cleaner from harbor freight for the first time. Photos show the carb.
  10. 1

I dropped it off at a local machinist. So no measurement at this time. Seems like he knows his stuff. I am sourcing a replacement at the moment. In a couple days I will know more. I strongly believe that the car has 78,387 orig miles. From the original owner's records, I understand that...
  11. 1

the rest of the head. looking for opinions.
  12. 1

Thanks a ton Ron. Talked to clay. Super helpful. By the way - this what I am dealing with.
  13. 1

Looking for a recommendation for a Machine Shop in the Baltimore / DC region to work on the head from a Series V. I am posting this in the "factory original" and "modified" forums as well. If cross-posting is a no-no around here. somebody please tell me. If it is, I apologize in advance...
  14. 1

vinegar in the cooling system

Thanks Jose. That is the plan for the not-too-distant future.
  15. 1

So I figured I would take one for the team and try it out. I basically did what I said in my original post. My goal was not to clean the radiator...it has been re-cored and is in good shape, it appears. My goal was to dissolve some corrosion that may be in the engine passageways, etc. Prior...
  16. 1

Anyone here ever tried filling the cooling system with vinegar to break up some of the corrosion? I have read about the method elsewhere. Basically, some folks drain the system, fill it with vinegar, run it a little (day or two) then drain the system, re-fill it/flush it with distilled water...
  17. 1

Hello - I'm new here

So I plan to pull the head and see what's what this weekend. In the meantime, I don't suppose there are any magic tricks to be used to synch the carbs or otherwise set them, given the low compression on one cylinder. I imagine I would be chasing my tail. My only other experience with dual...
  18. 1

Hello - I'm new here

According to the dash gauge, the oil pressure is about 40 cold, and just a little less than that when hot. when at idle. At speed when cold, the pressure goes up to maybe 50. At speed when warm, it goes up to a little less than that, maybe 45.
  19. 1

Hello - I'm new here

I doubt it. I firmly believe the mileage is original. I have a detailed history of every part and service done to the car over its life with the orig owner which was from 67 to 99. My friend put about 3k on it in about 3 years, then parked it for 7. Thanks for the other tips.