• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

1966 Alpine driver, 1966 Alpine on Rotisserie, and overdrive transmission

Is no one interested? Dropping the prices to $7000. I want to get to this sold so if interested, make an offer. The rolling chassis is off the rotisserie and ready to be loaded on a trailer with all my other Alpine stuff. Mike
  2. S

1966 Alpine driver, 1966 Alpine on Rotisserie, and overdrive transmission

Selling all of my Alpine stuff. Everything goes as a package - $8500. Located in Northwest suburb of Chicago. I bought my first Alpine in 2011 when I didn't like my job and needed this for fun. I got to the point where the chassis was ready for the paint/body shop for minor sheet metal work...
  3. S

Sending the body to a paint shop - What should installed?

Thank you everyone for the information. I'll follow-up with the paint shop to see if they want to use the rotisserie or not. I'll start my list of everything that needs to go to the shop for paint so I don't miss something. Seeing the pictures of the cars heading to the paint shop and coming...
  4. S

Sending the body to a paint shop - What should installed?

I have completely removed everything from my SV, had it media blasted, and epoxy primed with black epoxy. The engine compartment and the undercarriage have 2 coat of epoxy so I could leave these as is if I wanted to. I currently have the car body on a rotisserie with nothing installed on the...
  5. S

Need soft top frame for my Alpine 260

If you have a front bow for a SV that doesn't get taken I would have an interest. The previous owner of my car lost the front bow while the car sat in his garage for 30 years. Mike
  6. S

Rear axle inner sludge guard

Rob, Thank you for the pictures, this is a great help! The broken axle in your pictures looks nasty. I hope no one driving the car when that happened. Your pictures verified that my inner sludge guard is still installed. I was able to get one of my axles pressed into the axle housing...
  7. S

Rob, Then it sounds like my set up is the same as yours and I have all the parts. I tried installing one of the axles back into the housing and it appears that the bearing to housing fit is very tight and will take some pressure to push it in. I don't want to press on the end of the axle...
  8. S

I'm re-assembling the rear axle on my SV and I have a question about the inner sludge guard. The outer sludge guard is pressed into the axle housing and I never removed it during disassembly so I know it is still there. I have a question about what the inner sludge guard looks like. I...
  9. S

seat rebuilds - pictures

Hillman, Yes, my rotisserie is made out of 2 Harbor Freight 1000 lbs engine stands. I haven't had any problems at all with the rotisserie. I increased the height of the stands by cutting the vertical tube and welding in an extension so I could rotate the car 360 degrees. and I have a tube...
  10. S

seat rebuilds - pictures

I posted pictures from when I rebuilt my seat at: http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/spudman5/library/Sunbeam%20Alpine%20SV/Upholstrey (Yes, I know upholstery is mis-spelled. I've tried but haven't been successful in changing the name). I thought I had more pictures, but I always think I took...
  11. S

Rear axle paper gaskets and rebuild questions...

Thank you for the suggestion. I already replaced those based upon other forum posts. I'm looking at installing the axles, bearings, etc into the axle shell. Mike
  12. S

Rear axle paper gaskets and rebuild questions...

Did you ever get a response to this question or have any advice on reassembly? I'm going to be putting together my rear axle soon and I am interested in hearing any advice from people that have done this work. Mike
  13. S

Front Suspension Crossmember

I'll check into making these fixes. The frame is 100% stripped down and on a rotisserie so now is the time to do it. I already did the A-Arm strengthening welds, but I wan't aware of the crossmember issues. The worst part will be having to sand off the new epoxy from the frame and cross...
  14. S

Front Suspension Crossmember

Bill, I sandblasted and epoxied the crossmember from my car too and it is waiting for me to re-install it. You mentioned doing some reinforcing. I haven't read anything about the crossmember needing additional reinforcement. What areas did you reinforce and do you have a Tiger or an...
  15. S

Leaf spring to diff gasket?

Bill, When you used the liners from Speedway Performance, did you use the liner between all of the leaves or just the ones that have the button slides (the 3 longest if my memory still works)? When you put the rebound clamps back around the springs, did you use the factory original ones with...
  16. S

Seam sealer locations for SV

I have fully stripped down my SV and have it media blasted and epoxy primed ( it will be a busy winter getting it ready for next spring). Before I take the car in for painting, I need to replace the 100 lbs. of seam sealer I pried out of all the seams. I took some pictures of the seams...
  17. S

Oil cooler hose bracket location

I have pictures of my oil cooler routing at http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/spudman5/library/Sunbeam%20Alpine%20SV/Oil%20Cooler I routed my through the right horn hole. I made my own upper bracket. I don't remember if I made the bottom one. If you want more pictures, let me know. Mike