• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Rebuilding the Alpine...

Rebuilding the Alpine...

The tail was rebuild, using another SII Alpine that I´ve found in Chile...
  2. Rebuilding the Alpine...

Rebuilding the Alpine...

The Alpine was painted in metalic green, using a toy Alpine that I´ve buy on internet...
  3. Body was finnished

Body was finnished

Now the body was finished, now I´m searching the engine, gearbox, and other parts to restore the mechanics of the car...
  4. Body was finnished

Body was finnished

Alpine needs some mechanical parts... and most of cosmetic emblems and letters... paint must be redone... Not sure about the car final colour...
  5. Body was finnished

Body was finnished

So this is my Alpine... it must be the most poor alpine at the forum...I hope when it´s restoration finally over... be a decent Alpine at least... Here in Chile we don´t find almost anything to restore Alpines... so friends your help will be apreciated... Pablo.
  6. My Alpine few days after I find it

My Alpine few days after I find it

The body was rustes in some parts...
  7. My Alpine few days after I find it

So you can see it has a few original instruments, but this has located in wrong positions...
  8. My Alpine few days after I find it

As you can see, the car tail was cutted... I don´t know why, but the previous owner think that is a Series V...
  9. My Alpine few days after I find it

This is my Alpine few days after I purchase it... It came with a Mazda engine and gearbox... Body number 8663, B9108907 LRX.
  10. Rebuilding the Alpine...

Rebuilding the Alpine...

Few later the Alpine started to be rabuild...
  11. My Alpine few days after I find it

This Alpine was in very bad condition... with a mazda engine & gearbox..
  12. My Alpine few days after I find it

This is another photo...
  13. Sunbeam-Chile

Making a Alpine spare engine from a Minx IIIB 1494 cc engine

Hi to everybody, I put my question in a separate thread... Recently I buy a complete Hillman Minx IIIB engine (1494 cc)... and I want to make a spare engine for my Alpine... I have the following Alpine spare parts: - a complete 1592 cc cylinder head with valve cover. - one Alpine camshaft...
  14. Sunbeam-Chile

Head interchangeability

Thanks for the advice... Regards, Pablo.
  15. Sunbeam-Chile

Head interchangeability

Related question. Hi to everybody, I have a SII with a 1592 cc engine... Recently I buy a complte Hillman Minx IIIB engine (1494 cc)... and I want to make a spare engine... so I have this alpine parts as spares: one complete 1592 cc cylinder head, one camshaft, one engine plate mount, and set...
  16. Sunbeam-Chile

Good deal on a 2.8 high volume oil pump

For interested: Two more pumps, not related, etc. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.m748&item=380345722637&viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid%3D550935174422117525 Regards, Pablo.
  17. Sunbeam-Chile

Little question about the Soft covet Top Frame.

Thanks, to all... Now the asnwer for my doubt it's very clear... Medium Grey is the colour... Regards, Pablo.
  18. Sunbeam-Chile

Thanks for the answer... I believe it´s a simple thing to answer for a person how have a complete or original Alpine... maybe to basic question... but For a Person in the other part of the World, where there almost none Alpine it's important... So, thanks for your kind asnwer... :)
  19. Sunbeam-Chile

Hi to All... I have a Series II, and wonder what is the original look of the Softop cover "Top Frame"... I mean the skeleton thats support the softop... It´s chromed?... it´s painted black or other colour? Really don`t know as my car come with a not original top frame... and now I found...
  20. Sunbeam-Chile

Series V heater control valve?

Ups... Sorry, didn't see the fact that the valve is for series I-IV... Shame on me... :( Pablo.