• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. B

Puff4 (Kevin McLemore)

Just curious after reading an old thread that got brought back to life today and realizing he hadn't been active. It's been nearly 3 years since he has been on here... Anyone have information about him? He was always posting neat little videos and pics,,
  2. B

Adjusting Door Glass

Anyone have information on adjustments for the door windows? I thought there was a thread here just a little while back discussing this, but I can't find it now. The WSM doesn't cover it at all...unless I'm looking in the wrong place... which is entirely possible. I'v been looking for over an...
  3. B

Weatherstrip between top and windshield

Anybody have any tips or tricks to install this? I worked for 2 hours tonight and can't get it to stay in the metal retainer strip. My original one wasn't glued in and it stayed in place. Am I just not holding my mouth right??? This is another example where I'd LOVE to go back in time and...
  4. B

Fitting a New Soft Top

I'd like to see pics of soft tops at the junction of windshield post and wing glass for Series V... What I'v done so far looks really good, but I'm having a problem wrapping the material around the front bow at the corners. Should the top material conform closely with the radius of the front...
  5. B

Location of Lift-A-Dots and Snaps

Just about done installing the new top and it's time to add all the snaps. It's a Robbins top and they sent 2 lift a dots, and 4 button snaps. Is that right? The top that was on the car when I got it didn't have ANY snaps installed on the side flaps so I don't even have incorrect information...
  6. B

Top Boot

I'v got a new soft top "Hood", but I don't see any references to the boot in any of my catalogs. Does SS sell them and I'm just overlooking it? Or is this something I'm going to have to have made at a trim shop? If they ARE available, who makes the best one, and is there anything special I...
  7. B

Installing Carpet

Has anyone had any luck installing carpets from VB? Any tricks?? Mine doesnt seem to want to fit without a lot of extra triming on almost every piece. Do they cut the kit with THAT much extra material? Also, on the vertical piece behind the seats is a strip of vinyl about 1.5" wide the...
  8. B

Dayton Show

Is a show coming up soon in the Dayton area? I thought I saw something a couple of weeks ago, but now I can't find any info.
  9. B

SV Seat Tracks

Starting on the upolstery. Finally decided to spend a little more money...LOL Can anybody advise me on the proper color or finish on the seat tracks and adjusters? Mine are a silver/rust blend right now, but it doesn't appear ot be paint. Were they Cad plated maybe? Also, the side covers...
  10. B

Grill Center Badge

Somebody needs to jump on this part: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Tiger-Alpine-1964-1965-1966-GRILL-CENTER-BADGE-/151204828976?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2334829730#ht_177wt_880
  11. B

Alpine Values

Anyone interested in having a serious discussion about why Alpine values are not in line with other collector or special interest vehicles? I'd like to hear thoughts and opinions. Even as protective of the brand and correctness as their owners appear to be, Tigers don't appear to be as...
  12. B

'67 Series V

Updated - 1967 Sunbeam Alpine For Sale in Vanceburg, Kentucky – 606-541-1237 - t.gilbert@windstream.net Restored, very solid original car, now 99% finished. Car sat in a barn from 1987 to 2010 when I purchased it. Owned by same family since 1974, has 46,000 miles. Rust free body but had...
  13. B

Switch Label Plates & Heater Bezels

Is anyone re-furbing or re-popping the little plates that identify what switch is what...Or the heater controls? Dash is about ready to go together and it's all looking good except for this tiny little detail...Thanks for any help
  14. B

Voltage Regulator

Is there any alternatives for the 4TR control box? MG..Triumph?? It's all Lucas parts, something must be available locally that doesn't cost 60 bucks.
  15. B

Censorship is Wrong

I just went back thru the first 30 pages of "General Chit-Chat" and found 5 different threads advising buyer or user awareness on one thing or another. Only ONE had the thread locked. Is MajicJack such a valuable property that someone feels the need to protect their interests? I think...
  16. B

Weatherstrip Placement

I spent hours yesterday looking for info on installing and adjusting the windscreen and weatherstrip placement. Never got ANY love. The closest thing I found was the one excellant pic I re-posted. Thanks to whoevers thumb this is. Does ANYONE have, or can take some good clear, well lit...
  17. B

What We Started With

I'v promised to post some pics, soooo it's about time for me to take time and do it... True barn find, these are pretty much as found....last tagged in '86, 43,xxx miles, one owner(we think). The motor was stuck, some PB Blaster down the plug holes freed it up in a couple of days. After we...
  18. B

Dash Indicator Lights

The '67 SV project is coming together and we're getting to the dash. I need the red ignition warning light. SS and CS say NLA, are they available anyplace? If not, any ideas for replacements that fit the holes and look right? Second question....The lens in the turn signal and hi beam light...
  19. B

Synchronizing Carbs

Is there any Old Skool tips and tricks to synchronizing a pair of carbs? Are the synchronizing tools necessary? Is there something that can be home made to replace it? These are the Strombergs on a SV. I'v got it running pretty well, good throttle response, good idle quality, but I'v never...
  20. B

ID plate beside battery box

I was pulling the sound deadener and insulation out of a S5 last nite and found a badly rusted plate welded beside the battery box. Anyone know what it is?