• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. A

Wilwood Brake and Master Cylinders

No worries. When I first looked I saw the single and thought, wait Toyanvil put tandem mc on his car and that is a single. hmmmm Then I saw the double with no reservoirs.
  2. A

Wilwood Brake and Master Cylinders

You got Tiger on the brain Jay. Prop. valve is just located where a tiger clutch would be.
  3. A

Overdrive not working

Doubtful. A relay is just a switch that allows a low current device to control a high current one. If you want independent control of wipers and blinkers you need multiple relays. You probably have dirty high resistance grounds. Focus on those first.
  4. A

Overdrive not working

You don't need parts yet. You need a voltmeter and a wiring diagram. Start at the beginning of the circuit. 1. Do you have battery voltage across the battery terminals. Yes go to 2. No . Problem found! 2. Put volt meter on wire leaving OD lever and ground. flip the switch. do you have...
  5. A

Alpine Engine Bay to Scan

Thank you. Now I gotta get my hands on an engine and scanner in San Diego.
  6. A

Alpine V8 conversion

I understand the Alpine system. I understand the Tiger system. I am musing about a hybrid. Junk the Alpine box, cross over tube and the passenger side rocker. Keep the alpine rear steering arms mounted to the knuckle. Mount "somehow" a steering rack underneath the V8 at the fore and aft...
  7. A

Alpine V8 conversion

I never looked to see if you can use Alpine rear steer arms and mount a rack in line with them. I imagine the Sump is too deep for that to work. If it was that easy, somebody would have done it by now.
  8. A

Alpine Engine Bay to Scan

What file format will the scans be in? I am planning to put a Miata engine in an Alpine and a CAD model would be extremely helpful. I would be willing to kick in some coin to help with this effort.
  9. A

Alpine V8 conversion

Volvoguys offered you a Tiger Dana 44 rear end. That will bolt in and be plenty strong. other choices. Ford 8 inch Must narrow housing and get axles made to match. 72-75 Jeep CJ axle. Also a Dana 44 with almost the same wheel mounting surface to surface as the Tiger and Alpine axles. Will...
  10. A

Alpine V8 conversion

Can confirm. Tiger steering with wheels more than half cranked over is impossible for two people to push.
  11. A

Carpet Fastener Locations Series V

This is for a Tiger but the Alpine should be very close http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/MarroneCarpet/rt-MarroneCarpet3.asp
  12. A

Alpine V8 conversion

Suggestions, yes. Forget the V8. It yields a go fast machine with piss poor handling. Not to mention the amount of work is eye watering. Put a 2.8L Cologne V6 or a NB Mazda Miata engine if you would like fuel injection. Way less work to get a running car. This advice comes from a Tiger...
  13. A

Sunbeam Safari

Sure lights on a roll bar, fine. Can't imagine a vehicle less suited for driving in soft sand than an Alpine. This is coming from a guy who drove a 66 Mustang with 4 people 5 miles up a sand wash to visit Fonts Point in Anza Borrego. Getting a vehicle stuck in the sand, unstuck is HARD WORK.
  14. A

Hard Top Side Window Buttons

Threads are the same on large or small buttons.
  15. A

Identification number rear axle Tiger

Here is a picture showing where the number is stamped. Number is under white highlighted area. Underside of snout same side as drain plug. I had to dig it up from the wayback machine on Norm Millers defunct registry website. https://web.archive.org/web/20110701104153/http://rootes1.com/
  16. A

Battery Wiring

every connection point has resistance and is a potential failure point. Rootes method. 1. Battery ground post to cable1 2. Cable 1 to battery box. 3. Chassis to cable 2 4. Cable 2 to engine block. My Method. 1. Battery ground post to cable 1. 2. Cable 1 to engine block. Remember the whole...
  17. A

Battery Wiring

I don't know how Rootes did it , but the Battery ground cable should be attached to the engine block. Then the car body should have a good ground wire to the block. Reason? Starter current is the big dog. You want the lowest resistance path for that current and that means directly back to the...
  18. A

Boot weatherstripping

Did you run the tubing through the same channel as the rubber hose? I have had thoughts about doing the same. Old rubber with Ethanol laced gasoline is not a happy combo.
  19. A

Odometer Reset Arm removal

Remove the screws in the back and the guts will come out the front. The reset arm just snakes out through the hole. If you HAVE to separate them, you can then do it on the bench. I too seem to recall a cross drilled pin.
  20. A

Boot weatherstripping

Yes that is way the seal is on my Tiger. Is the forward hinge screw a truss head screw? or is it a hex head? Should be truss. Any rust holes in the boot area? How about the upper shock covers in place and pliable?