• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

slave cylinder - series 5

Thanks for the information. Now I need a smaller than 1 inch bore slave cylinder which I am told will fix my problem. Murray
  2. M

slave cylinder - series 5

Can anyone confirm that the slave cylinder bore is one inch? I just finished putting in a Toyota 5 speed in my series 5 Alpine and have the slave cylinder rod adjusted to the maximum, but need a little more throw. The clutch releases when the pedal is barely off the floor and it grinds when...
  3. M

3.70 rear end

I know there are some Alpine owners that have the 3.70 ratio differential from the company in Holland. There have been some threads where you have written about the whine in the gears. I have the same problem. I had the guy locally that built the diff for me go through it again and everything is...
  4. M

gas float bangs against tank

I have SV and when the tank is full until about half full the float bangs against the tank, especially when turning. Is it simply a matter of bending the arm of the float more towards the middle of the tank? Not a major problem but annoying. Murray
  5. M

mixture too lean

What would keep me from getting more fuel to my Strombergs? My plugs are too white, not tan or black, and my wide band oxygen sensor seems to agree with numbers from the mid 15's to sometimes 17 with the afr. As I turn the knob on the bottom of the carbs to increase the richness a little at a...
  6. M

Spark plugs?

I just ordered N9YC spark plugs from championsparkplugs.com for $2.89 each. They are shipped from California. Murray
  7. M

6 blade cooling fan

has anyone put a 6 bladed fan on their engine? If so, did it help with the cooling? Are there any negatives? When I am in traffic my water temp goes up, even if it is cool outside. It doesn't get real hot, but I have the fan and will put it on if it will help. I got the fan off of E-bay and...
  8. M

Exhaust sound

I also have a stainless exhaust that has a sound I don't care for. I couldn't find the Ansa TK-4528 chrome tip on their website. I called them and found out that exhaust tip has been discontinued and they haven't had any since 2004. They didn't think any of their suppliers would still have any...
  9. M

Isky valve springs

I also have the KB grind on my cam and Delta Cams told me to use .014 on both intake and exhaust, but with the engine COLD, This was just last month and with 250 miles on the cam it is very noisy. Murray
  10. M

cam timing marks

Just put a Delta KB grind cam in my series 5 and had to replace the smaller crank sprocket. The old one had a broken tooth from the previous owner rebuild, which was awhile ago. We can't get the 2 timing marks (dimples?) to line up at TDC. It seems to be about half a tooth off no matter what we...
  11. M

roller rocker valve adjustment

I have a series 5 that I am putting roller rockers on this week. Would that effect the stock valve adjustment? There seems to be a difference of opinion among my learned friends. I also just put in the KB grind cam from Delta. Thanks, Murray
  12. M

roller rocker contact info...

The owners name is Jason and his phone number is (954) 920-3303. I am interested in your problem as I have a set of his roller rockers going on next week. How did you determine that you have a problem? The manufacturer is Harland Sharp in Ohio and their number is (440) 238-3260, ask for Mike...
  13. M

Hood Back from Paint Shop

Is that painted or is it a sticker? If it's a sticker I would be interested in one. Probably some others as well. Murray
  14. M

rocker shaft

Does anyone have a new or almost new rocker shaft? I am putting roller rockers on my 1725 motor and have a lot of wear on my rocker shaft. One of the existing rockers has some wobble and the shaft is the cause. Neither SS, Classic nor VB have the rocker shafts. I think they are available in...
  15. M

Who is going to UNITED XXIX in Maine?

I am leaving early Tuesday morning in my Alpine. Need to leave early to get through Chicago and around the bottom of the lake in Indiana. Murray
  16. M

Push rods-Exhaust valves

I have a similar head and can't find where to get valve springs. Did you get new ones or will you reuse your existing springs? I believe they are shorter than the valve springs on the other tube type spark plug heads. Murray
  17. M

valve spring question

It is an aluminum head. It looks like the head that is now on my Alpine except for the oblong spark plug holes. Murray
  18. M

valve spring question

That is the casting number on the head. If it is from a Hillman Minx will it work on a 1725 series 5 Alpine block? It was in the trunk of my Alpine when I bought the car. Murray
  19. M

valve spring question

Jan: If I understand you correctly, the standard springs may work okay without the shim on the head that takes the shorter valve spring. I realize that my head would have to be checked to be sure. Where do I get standard springs? SS and Classic don't carry them. VB has them but they scare me...
  20. M

valve spring question

I still would like to know where to get the shorter springs. Does anyone have the specs? Murray