• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. N

Radiator and fan problem

oil stick housing I simply bent the oil stick housing so as it cleared the hose. Have not had a problem with the gauge since. david:o:o:o
  2. N

Radiator and fan problem

Lower radiator hose Michael the lower hose has a spring in it. I noticed that when I replaced my Radiator. Car runs predictably now with temps around 205 in this Alabama heat (low to mid 90's). I think the turbulence around the temp sensor was the issue. That plastic fan is working well...
  3. N

Radiator and fan problem

problem solved??? Outside temp today was 87 when I let the Tiger out of the cage and took it on the interstate. Temp gauge seemed to act as it should. It stayed around 200 going 30-50 got up to 205 on the interstate at speeds up to 75. Got off the interstate and it stayed around 205 all...
  4. N

Radiator and fan problem

hoses Noticed the two small outlets from the water pump. The one toward the right side of the engine goes via a hose to the thermostat housing and the lower one or the one toward the left goes to a L fitting via a hose to the engine head right by the distributor. This engine was set up when I...
  5. N

Radiator and fan problem

thermostat Pulled the Thermostat housing off and I had forgotten I had reinstalled a Thermostat, I guess when I was going thru all this heating problem a couple of years ago. It had a 160 degree thermostat in it. Beat goes on. :):):)
  6. N

Radiator and fan problem

thermostat Will put the thermostat back in and give you guys a report. Thanks for the help. david
  7. N

Radiator and fan problem

thermostat Mike I have suffered with the overheat, or seemingly overheat problem since I have owned the car, 4 years now. After replacing the radiator, fan, water pump when I got it. I was convinced The thermostat must be the problem. I put two different thermostats in it and finally just...
  8. N

Radiator and fan problem

advice Made sure the cooling system was leak proof and also filled with fluid. Used one gallon of Antifreeze. Temp was 91 degrees when I let the Tiger loose on the interstate today. Guage temp stayed around 210-215 at 65 to 80mph, got off the interstate and the temp climbed to 250...
  9. N

Radiator and fan problem

On the road again Got the Griffin radiator in and I installed the nylon Flex fan from Summit Michael mentioned in his previous post. I put my old modified water pump back in with a shortened shaft by around 7/16 inch. Now have over an inch clearance from the radiator. On my first trial run...
  10. N

Radiator and fan problem

fan I am going to try that 14 inch flex fan Michael recommended. I am sure going to need a lift to get to these engine mounts. I jacked that car up this morning as high as I could get it with my floor jack and put some 5 ton stands under it. Still a pain to get to the mounts. I will have to...
  11. N

Radiator and fan problem

Water pump went to Autozone today and got a 65 falcon water pump. They only list a 289, not a 260. I pulled my radiator and took my old water pump off and the new one has a longer nose on it than the existing one which will not allow a half inch of shortening. I put my old water pump in a...
  12. N

Radiator and fan problem

Duke Duke, God Bless you. Great help. I wish you would tell me how to down load pics. I read your post on another site on that craigslist engine. Man that was a killer deal. Good work on that one. I am going to buy another water pump and go ahead and convert it while I am waiting for my...
  13. N

Radiator and fan problem

griffin Called doug, no rad in stock. Called griffin and it will be two weeks to build. Doug cheaper that ordering direct from griffin. Have the radiator ordered and two weeks to get mounts and fan and water pump adapted. Griffin radiator is only 1.5 inch core, and has no top and bottom...
  14. N

Radiator and fan problem

radiator http://www.absoluteradiator.com/ProductPage.asp?idProd=305 awaiting the thickness measurements on this one. david there email reply to me earlier: Hi, Fluidyne no longer makes a Sunbeam radiator, that is why we started making our own. Our triple-pass radiator is based on the...
  15. N

Radiator and fan problem

I think that is where I got my water pump. and a half inch seems about right for my set up to line up. I found the griffin supplier and they only make one radiator for the tiger now and it is 1.2 inch thicker than the fluidyne. 3 inch tank and 2.75 inch core. Fluidyne no longer makes the...
  16. N

Radiator and fan problem

I think that is where I got my water pump. and a half inch seems about right for my set up to line up. I found the griffin supplier and they only make one radiator for the tiger now and it is 1.2 inch thicker than the fluidyne. 3 inch tank and 2.75 inch core. Fluidyne no longer makes the...
  17. N

Radiator and fan problem

Thanks I so appreciate all your help and expertise. I have never seen another tiger, so all my info has come from these sites and the internet. :)
  18. N

Radiator and fan problem

George where do you get the griffen radiators. My fluidyne is only 2.5 inches wide. Which I think is the same width as stock??? I am going to pull the radiator/ fan, water pump next week and will try to reverse the pully arber. I have access to a press. I noticed after Michaels reply that...
  19. N

Radiator and fan problem

Michael Thanks much. Are you running the flex fan. I couldnt tell from the pics. Very Nice engine compartment. I have tried to post pics and reduced my camera to 3 mp but still will not load.
  20. N

Radiator and fan problem

water pump Michael I have a generic 260 water pump as I didnt know there was a different one for the Tiger. Where can that be purchased. Are there any other radiator options, I sure am going with another set up. Do you use the plastic 14 inch fan? Where can that fan be bought. Dale...