• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. B

Smith's electronic tach coil loop U-clip needed

I am looking for a smith's electronic tach coil loop U-clip. This U-clip is needed to form a coil to count pulses. I will take working or non-working tach. Here is a picture of what I am looking for, the item circled in red is what I need. Let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance...
  2. B

Tach drops to zero over a certain RPM

The smaller resistor did open up my range of adjustment however it seems my inductance loop is weak. At higher revs the needle will reach a certain point then start to back down. I have tried adding more loops and it did help but still won't remain stable. Any thoughts on how to sort out the...
  3. B

Guy in Penn. building a tiger/alpine lemans bodied car?

Would you be able to share some of those dimensions? How about some of the pictures you used for reference. Seem to be few and far between for good pictures of all sides.
  4. B

Did you do a lot of the metal work yourself? If not how much did the body build cost roughly? Where did you get a lot of dimensions? I have thought about doing this for sometime and I am now looking to get all of the needed information gathered. Also what is the windshield from? Any...
  5. B

I remember seeing his website or some pictures of this build. He was building a alpine or tiger into the lemans bodied car. Any one know anything about this? Did he ever finish it? Any information or link to his website would be greatly appreciated.
  6. B

Tom, I followed your digikey list and ordered everything you listed. I was able to get a 3K resistor today and install it but won't be able to test it until this weekend.
  7. B

Tom, Thank you for the feed back. I did see the 4cyl bit about the resistor change but did not expect that to make the tach behave like it did. I will replace that resistor and test it out this weekend. I will let you know how it turns out. Great write up about re working these tachs...
  8. B

I have not tried a 4cyl. I do not have clear access to one.
  9. B

Hi, I have a MGA with a buick 215 v8 installed and I am currently attempting to get my tach to work. It is an adjustable tach from a sunbeam (still a smiths tach) which I replaced the majority of the resistors per this write up...
  10. B

Looking for working Jaeger Temp Gauge for 67 SV

temperture gauge i have a couple of the temperature gauges but not sure if they work but they rarely go bad let me know if you are interested
  11. B

Valve Cover

i have a bunch of valve covers you can email me at clarkejr2006@gmail.com and i also have them on ebay
  12. B

65 tiger for sale

I have a 65 sunbeam tiger that i would like to sell. At the moment is apart and on a car rotisserie and has been sandblasted. Also have new floor pans for it and the front end has been completly rebuilt already and the rear ended has been gone through as well. In addition the transmission has...
  13. B

Sunbeam Alpines and parts for sale

I have one series 5 body thats in decent shape and a parts car that is also a series 5. In addition i have a barn full of parts for them and other sunbeams you can email at clarkejr2006@gmail.com or give a call at 845 546 1302.
  14. B

Wrecked sunbeam race car for sale

I have a wrecked sunbeam race car for sale. I am offering the race car and a possible donor car for sale. I have some pics of the stuff. For more information Please email me at clarkw3@gmail.com In addition to these cars I have several other cars for sale. These cars range from parts cars to...
  15. B

Several alpines being parted out

I recently bought 7 alpines that I plan on selling for parts. There are two are three that are salvageable for restoration. But the others are prime candidates for being parted out. Along with the cars there are several truck loads of parts that I am also looking to sell. So please feel free to...