• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Mike O'D

Hardtop color?

I vote red, but I'm not against black. What color is your soft top Mike?
  2. Mike O'D

Hardtop Help

A few years ago I shipped one via Fastenal. They have trucks traveling all over the place and use empty space to ship things. The guy that bought the top suggested it - I didn't know they did it. I think it was pretty reasonable compared with some other carriers.
  3. Mike O'D

Fun Alpine Pictures

Any idea on the date of the photo?
  4. Mike O'D

Need to clutch when activating overdrive?

The overdrive has a one-way clutch inside it. It locks if you turn the shaft backward. If it was stuck on and you put it in reverse, hopefully it would stall and you realized something was wrong before you twisted/broke the transmission main shaft.
  5. Mike O'D

Sunbeam Alpine: The REAL story of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang from the U.K. National 2023

Very nice presentaion. I live in the Cleveland, Ohio area and have been to the Crawford Auto Aviation museum, although not when Chitty was there.
  6. Mike O'D

Massive Sunbeam Hoard in Oregon

Series 3 - sad to see in that shape!
  7. Mike O'D

There's no accounting for ______.

Haven't we seen this one before?
  8. Mike O'D

Gauging interest for the Invasion at the Mad Dogs and Englishmen show in Michigan July 12-14

Went last year and thought it was a great show. Might do it again this year.
  9. Mike O'D

Stock fuel pump rebuild

I think I used an automatic center punch in a few places around the edge to lock the new valves in.
  10. Mike O'D

Stock fuel pump rebuild

I used a rounded tip punch to tap the material back into shape so the valves could be removed.
  11. Mike O'D

Watercolor Sunbeam

Very nice!
  12. Mike O'D

2024 Club Calendar Monthly Car Articles

Never knew that existed. Your wife is a trooper! I had my Alpine out yesterday (Cleveland, OH), but had the soft top up - nice and cozy!
  13. Mike O'D

Whitworth Screws

BEpine - actually talking about the short relatively large diameter slot-head screw.
  14. Mike O'D

Whitworth Screws

The Whitworth screw threads into the "gear" for the seat back lock - it's hardened steel. I originally had the same thought - no dice!
  15. Mike O'D

Getting To The "Rootes" Of The Matter...

Aerovault trailers - Peter advertises in a lot of the car mags. Really nice trailers from what I have heard, but pricey!
  16. Mike O'D

Removing rear spring bush in chassis

I bought new ones with the intention of replacing them. Looked like a real job to get them out and originals looked ok, so I left them in. Literally the only parts I didn't replace or refurbish.
  17. Mike O'D

THE HOLY GRAIL SUNBEAM TIGER!! (Dennis Collins)

I wonder what Dennis paid for those 2 cars.
  18. Mike O'D

Could this be the next flying car?

The Harrier clip looks like the Cleveland air show. I was in the front row of the VIP section watching that demonstration. It was so close I could feel the heat and smell the exhaust fumes - fingers jammed into my ears!
  19. Mike O'D

Alpine in Cali

A red Alpine parked behind it. Early fuel tank sitting behind the seats.