• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. F

HELP finding "algernorm"

Thanks! Let's hope he sees these posts.
  2. F

HELP finding "algernorm"

Thanks, Allan. Do you know the name he uses on the Forum so I can contact him?
  3. F

HELP finding "algernorm"

I need help contacting the list member attending the Invasion who uses the name Algernorm on eBay. I won an auction for an item he listed and have had no response to my attempts to contact him through eBay. He is contacting me, but not seeing me replies. Algernorm mentioned that he is attending...
  4. F

Ebay Tiger in Anaheim

The sellers eBay feed back , as a seller, appears to be for many, many pairs of shoes. And one Sunbeam Tiger??????
  5. F

Humber Super Snipe Limo

Not many of these around............. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Humber-Super-Snipe-Limousine-Limo-Limousine-1950-Humber-Super-Snipe-Limousine-Limo-/330843706043?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d07d252bb#ht_500wt_1182
  6. F

Proper millboard trunk panels

Thanks for posting the link, Jon. It was difficult to determine the material used to make the cards in the listing, so I sent the following question to the seller: Hello, What material was used to make the boot cards? Is it millboard or PVC? Can you send me a close up photo of the black front...
  7. F

Hi Scott, If the kit from Midlands in the UK is accurate, that might be the best deal. It may be most economical to ship them all to one US address. I place one order with Anne and was very disappointed when it arrived. She told me the coil would be silver, it's powder coated black, the...
  8. F

I looked through the samples I have from Woolies and there is no millboard in the packet. Here's a pic of what I can get in the US and hand cut for panels in my Alpine and Tiger. I used a razor blade, then sanded the edges. It's 1/16 thick. The back looks light in the pics, it's actually brown...
  9. F

I may have a sample from Woolies, I'll check tonight. Kim Series III Tiger I & II
  10. F

I have US sources for die cutting and a millboard that is close to the original, although what Woolies offers might be better. I'll post pics of what I can get tomorrow. Kim Series III Tigers I & II
  11. F

West Coast car haulers?

Horseless Carriage covers California and did a great job moving our tiger Kim Series III Tiger I & II
  12. F

1963 Alpine Series III, San Diego

Jenkinson Concours & Customs in Escondido, CA, just outside of San Diego, restored my Series III. They are extremely knowledgeable, honest, and will do anything from minor mechanical to a complete restoration. If anyone in the area buys this car and wants to contact them, their number is...
  13. F

Sad Day, my nice series V totally Detroyed

Sorry for your loss, Mike, but glad to learn that no one was injured. I was talking Alpines with a man at a show in NY. He told me about an experience he had in the summer of 1963 while driving his brand new Series III in a parade in Manhattan, with Miss New York sitting on the trunk...
  14. F

The Photo Contest is on!

Thank you Thank you, Andrew, for the work you did on the photo contest. "Tiffany" and I appreciate the votes and she looks forward to her debut as a "calendar girl." Kim Tiffany - Series III Tigers I & II
  15. F

The CARS 2 Movie Alpine resurfaces

Finn McMissile anyone? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261062536473&clk_rvr_id=363717073964#ht_500wt_1357 Kim Series 3 Tigers I & II
  16. F

Harrington Alpine - Tiger Powered

I'm sure folks on the list have some stories about this car. http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/20143/lot/212/ Kim Series III Tiger Mk I & II
  17. F

USPS website car

I pulled up USPS.com to print a shipping label for my box of Tiger parts and there was a Tiger (or Alpine GT) front and center on the Post Office website. Kim Alpine Series III Tiger I & II
  18. F

fuel sending unit

I'm looking for a working fuel sending unit for a Series III - V. Please email 1146kim@gmail.com if you have one available. thanks! Kim Series III Tiger
  19. F

leaf spring thrust buttons

Does anyone have a source for the hard rubber plugs that sit in the rear leaf springs? The parts manual calls them thrust buttons. SS doesn't sell them. I have attached some photos of the buttons as well as a sketch to help visualize the dimensions. The sketch is not to scale, it is for...
  20. F

KUDOS to Kim Barnes

Yes, Scott, I really enjoyed meeting your father. I also met a former Rootes employee, the son of a Rootes dealer and a host of other wonderful people.