• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. R

Sheet metal gauge

also good to know...thanks
  2. R

Sheet metal gauge

good to know. Thanks
  3. R

Sheet metal gauge

I'm in the process of repairing the body of my 66 Alpine and i'm trying to get a handle on the correct gauge of sheet metal used on the fenders, floor, trunk...you get the idea. My best measurement says its about 20 gauge. I'm also not sure what the best metal is. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  4. R

Ring Gear Replacement

Well thats what i wanted to ask you about. I'm assuming that you have also chilled the flywheel, although it probably isn't necessary...but i was wondering. And how much time do you have once you take it out of the oil? I know that I'll be working fast...but just need some idea of how much...
  5. R

Ring Gear Replacement

Good suggestion. I didn't think of that. Thanks
  6. R

Ring Gear Replacement

I'm going to replace the ring gear for my fly wheel. I have the factory manual and I'm aware of the heating technique that they talk about, although i have never done it before. I have a couple of questions. 1. Does anyone have any experience applying the ring gear with advice or...
  7. R

66 Alpine Headlight Issues

More on those headlight doors You folks have given me alot of good advice. Thanks. The new bucket arrived from SS yesterday. I bought just one thinking that there may be something from the old buckets that could be reused. Nope. None of the parts that came with the car have have anything...
  8. R

Good advice. Thanks.
  9. R

Thanks. Good to know.
  10. R

Series IV brake bleeders

Robin, The car is a complete re-build. everything needs to be fixed or replaced. I have completed the suspension and all of the wheel assemblies, i just haven't attached the brake lines yet. Without the pedals in the tub they would just get in the way. I do recognize what you mean about the...
  11. R

Series IV brake bleeders

More on rear brake bleeders looking for an opinion. I was considering putting in bleeders on both rear wheels. Any pros or cons? Thanks. Ray
  12. R

more on the headlight doors and restoration thoughts One headlight door has the riveted on clip...well...a remnant of it any way. Whoever did the surgery really didn't have any idea of what they were doing. The two drilled holes in the bottom are close to the clip but the rivets are still...
  13. R

Several of you folks have been very helpful. Thanks. I'm getting an idea of how the headlight doors are supposed to attach. I have just discovered that the headlight buckets that came with the car (and stored away for several years) may not even be Alpine parts. It turns out that the...
  14. R

Oil Vent

I have a Weber DGV on my 77 MGB. I needed to install a nipple on the bottom of the K&N filter to take care of that same situation. Works fine. Ray
  15. R

Headlight Doors

That information is very helpful. You know, my desire is to weld in the headlight bucket support rings. I just got 2 new ones to replace the rusted out originals. I am thinking that i should first trial fit the rings, buckets, and doors to make sure everything is true. That piece of...
  16. R

Headlight Doors

Hey all. I'm new to the site and could really use some info and pics regarding the headlight doors. My headlight doors were screwed on...holes drilled and wood screws used (even some real wood inside the fender for the screws to bite into!) - this can't be right. I have no idea of what the...
  17. R

Headlight Door

Hey all. New to the site. Need info and pics regarding the headlight door. My headlight door were screwed on...holes drilled and wood screws. i have no idea of what the original clips and hangers looked like. would love some pics so i can put things back together the right way. none of my...