• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. F

Whitworth Screws

Nothing on the car is Whitworth, all UNC!
  2. F

1725 Cylinder Head

I have at least one spare from my recent engine build. I won’t be home until the Jan 1 to pull it out and take pics if you can wait. Cheers - Brian
  3. F

Gunson colortune and Weber conversion

Going to grab a Gunson colortune to help better tune my 66 after converting to the Weber 32/36 and Alpine Innovations manifold. Reading the most of the old threads it was generally recommend to grab two of the colortunes and put one on cyl #1 and the other on #4. That made sense when when trying...
  4. F

Transmission "refresh" parts list

The rebuilt motor for my 66 SV arrived this week from the machinist and my TTV light flywheel should be here next week. My gearbox has been a bit more leaky than normal the last year so while the motor is out I'm pull it and the OD and replacing all the seals. Could use some help putting...
  5. F

Series V Alternator bracket needed

I recently went down the rabbit hol;e looking for this part when I discovered the one on my SV was cracked. Short version is they are very hard to find: not many made and they were prone to breaking. I ended up welding mine. Dan Richardson aka DanR on the forum has a devloped drawings to have...
  6. F

Valve cover torque specs

Dang it, should have searched “rocker cover” instead. Thanks!
  7. F

Valve cover torque specs

Can someone share the valve cover torque specs? Replacing the gasket and I have searched the workshop manual, the forums, and the tech articles and I must be losing my mind as I don’t see them listed anywhere ‍♂️
  8. F

Final word on tubular headers?

Back when my SV motor was stock I read all the posts I could find on the tubular headers SS carries, which I believe were/are made by Falcon. Long story short most felt the stock headers were a good design and the the expense of the tubular headers would not be justified by a few HP gain. Fast...
  9. F

Moss Motors now lists more Sunbeam Parts.

Is that a good price for a front valance? I'm still a couple of years out from repaint my SV but I know the valance is going to take alot of work to get straight.
  10. F

Windscreens from Moss Motors

The $50 oversize charge is directly from UPS, not Moss. UPS has been raising rates left and right and charging oversize fees on items that they would not have in the past.
  11. F

Just placed my order. Guy I spoke with says they have quite a few in stock. They are finally going through the nearly 75 pallets of stuff they aquired in the Victoria British sale and will be adding parts as they find the staff to help.
  12. F

How is the quality?
  13. F

Radiator

I recomend using one of the shops that will make an exact copy of your radiator in aluminum. I used FSR out of Memphis TN and have been very happy with the results. Cost for the radiator and to ship both ways was less that having original recored. Copper is better at conducting heat than...
  14. F

Soft top toggle wedges

Apologies, that’s what I get for tryibg to read posts and watch small children at the same time. I have not seen a US source for the wedges but the company that used to go by Sunbeam Spares has them. https://sunbeamcarparts.co.uk/convertible-soft-top-catch-adjustment-wedge?search=Soft-top...
  15. F

Soft top toggle wedges

Classic Sunbeam in NY has them in stock now for $33 I believe. Don’t know if they are stronger that the originals or not. I broke two on the first two years of owning my SV so I started stock piling extras. As usual I went a little overboard and have more then I will ever need. I just sent 3...
  16. F

Heater Control Switch Knobs

Reach out to Pete aka Rootes 66, he made repo knobs for awhile
  17. F

door skin sound deadening

Hi Dan - If I’m following you attached the Dynamat directly to the door then coated the Dynamat in Lizard Skin? I’m getting ready to do the floor and firewall and had planned to do Lizard Skin directly to the metal then Dynamat on top once it cured.
  18. F

Wanted : Pr. convertible bow latches in very good condition

I was very happy with all the work they did. My father was restoring and xk150 and they did an amazing job on the grill. I got a kick out of their shop because the front office had every wall covered with Lowrider Magazine cover photos of cars they did the chrome for. They had no idea what an...
  19. F

I had my original set and a spare set done by Electroplating of El Paso and they both sets turned out great without disassembly. I live half way across the country these days but still ship to them.
  20. F

I can take a look tomorrow but I should have at least one extra set that could be rechromed. Most playing shops should be able to do a good job without dissembling the latch.