• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

1725cc racer

I eventually went to 84mm bore, had to get special head gasket made. Dyno man said 113 hp at rear wheels. lots more getup and go now.
  2. M

Rocker ratio

I am interested in the Roller Rockers made by Creative workshop. They mention that 1 : 4 is the standard ratio on the 1725cc engine. Can anybody confirm this for me or lead me to a tech paper confirming the std. ratio? I thought std. was 1 : 5
  3. M

forged Alpine Crankshaft

Minx Racer Thanks, Jim. Looks like I've got a bit of reading to do. muz
  4. M

forged Alpine Crankshaft

1725 Racer Jim, I see you used Chev rods in your engine. Can you tell me more on this please? eg what rods and which pistons you matched up etc. I have a Series 6 Minx which I hillclimb and sprint here in Australia. Murray
  5. M

Push rods-Exhaust valves

There are two types of push-rods, one is larger in diameter (about 3/8") they are hollow and lighter. The other one is approx 5/16" diameter, solid and heavier. Both are the same length. i have gone over to the larger diameter and lighter ones for my hill-climb and sprint events car.
  6. M

1725cc racer

1725cc improvements Hi guys, Thanks for the info - keep it coming . . . .\\Murray
  7. M

Head mods

Hi Jim, I'd be interested in looking at articles you mentioned. Are you able to forward me a LINK? Murray
  8. M

Head mods

Hi Guys, I know it's an old thread, but any more details or Web links on roller rockers for 1725 engines would be great. Murray
  9. M

1725cc racer

Hi all, I live in Brisbane, Australia and am doing up a 1725cc motor for some Sprint & a little hill-climb racing. I want to bore it out a little bit (say 3 1/4" ) and am also considering say 100 thou extra stroke. have any of you guys done this? If so, what pistons did you use? Also con rods...