• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. thill35803

Smooth Line Top

UPDATE TO THREAD 2/17/2024 Withdrawn from Sale due to fitment issues noted below. Hi Folks, Shortly after the turn of the century, I purchased a Smooth Line Standard Hardtop. I opted for the black interior which features a black carpet like material as a glued in headliner. After nearly...
  2. thill35803

TJ Higgins

Sad news fellow Sunbeamers, TJ Higgins passed away on Saturday June 11. TJ organized and maintained many Sunbeam web resources back in the early days of the internet. In addition, I had the pleasure of working with TJ on the 2002 Sunbeams of the South Spring Thing in Huntsville Alabama...
  3. thill35803

Soft Top and Hard Top Alignment

Hi Folks, I've searched the forum and found a few bits and pieces but there isn't a thread about the whole process of hard top and soft top alignment. I am going to attempt this partly as a motivational tool. I have some time over the next couple of weeks and hope to get finished. Background...
  4. thill35803

Alternate Alternator

Hi Everyone, I wanted to share my alternator experience with the group. I have SV with a Holbay head and the stainless header from Sunbeam Specialties. I have an electric fan and an aftermarket radio. I replaced the stock alternator long ago with a Hitachi. Recently I noticed a 700 milliamp...
  5. thill35803

Speedometer Cable Question

I’ve gotten my SV up and running but the Speedometer isn’t working. No needle movement and no odometer action. I’ve searched/read most of the relevant threads on the forum. I fooled around with the cable at the transmission end and pushed it a little further into the sheath. I spun the cable...
  6. thill35803

Re-Skin Top Header Bow

Has anybody re-skinned their top header bow? I am referring to the part attaches to the windshield frame when the top is up. Mine has some rust perforation on the top part that has the top vinyl glued to it. Its not horrible but it will need to be addressed. The bottom part that carries the...
  7. thill35803

Convertible Top Frame Bit

I am seeking the bracket that holds the pin that connects the top frame to the windshield post. The plastic spigot guide is attached to this bracket as well. I need the drivers/left hand side bracket. The pin was broken off taking the end of the bracket with it. Picture attached.
  8. thill35803

Metal in SS Dash Pad?

Hi Everybody, I am reinstalling the Lift the Dot posts on my SV dash to accommodate a tonneau cover. I am very glad I waited until installed the whole dash, wiring, etc before attempting this. ;-) Armed with an awl, I located the original post holes by way of underdash contortionism. When I...
  9. thill35803

Carpet Installation Question

Hi Folks, I'm installing a SS carpet kit in my SV and the side pieces are vexing me. When I have the edge of the carpet touching the floor, everything looks ok but I will need to trim about half of the carpet to get it under the sill plates. Is this normal? I don't want to start cutting...
  10. thill35803

Rear Fender Clearance

Hi Folks, I have been doing some work on my SV Alpine as of late. I had the rear end rebuilt to include a Gripper LSD and new leaf spring from Dale Akuszewski. I removed the next to the last leaf in accordance with his instructions. I didn't do any ride height measurements but I am pretty...
  11. thill35803

SV Door Glass

Hello Fellow Beamers, I have a few door windows in the stash. They are not perfect but not too bad. All of them have minor chipped edges. I can post some pictures if need be. Are these worth selling? I haven't seen any prices but they are available new. I don't need them and I'd...